Chapter 92: A...Welcome Offer

Saku was making his way over to meeting Zarla, prior before meeting Ozway in his private room. Having received a marker by OSCOM he walked along, by himself, through a large district of the Omega Space Station. It was mostly busy with citizens passing him...some with small waves and nods "Saku...Saku over here" he turned to right to see a welcome ally "Hey there friend...it's been a short while"

"Hey Shais...and it has been a while" Saku said in a friendly manner

"Whoa...that's new. You sounding positive"

"Well...I'm just trying not to be so harsh with people. That is to people who don't deserve it" Shais felt himself a little welcoming to Saku's adjustment

"Nothing quite wrong with that. Where are you off to then?"

Saku looked down to his OSCOM "From the Marker Zarla sent me...I'm to meet her at the Sansalul Dredge. Whatever the heck that is"

"It's a beverage stand" said Shais "Well known for their inventory of fruit drinks, some alcoholic"

"Wait...they have alcohol in space? Then again I'm beginning to wonder which place doesn't. After that I'm due to meet Ozway...which I'm not terrifically keen on"

"From his most recent action?" asked Shais with Saku nodding "I can't entirely blame you. Come on...I'll walk with you to the Empress, I'm heading in that direction anyway"

As the two walked by...Shais couldn't but help comment on Ozway's last action "So...you saw it too?" asked Saku

"I may have been in a separate stadium" said Shais a little grimly "but the Emperor made sure to broadcast his deed to all. There wasn't an arrogant look in the house...or not one who hadn't understood what they saw"

"I'm surprised he didn't hurt anyone...I mean he blasted a hole straight through the planet"

"No...but it does show how easily he could" Shais looked onto the end of the district "You know this...but I've been alive for a very long time; that is compared to your species. I cannot even exactly remember my age...I know I am over 150 years old...but that's roughly it"

"Birthdays must be blast for you then?" Saku commented

"Suppose so" Shais said snickering "and...as you know I've been here at this tournament for at least multiple attempts...at least now over twenty over the course of the last half a century. And only three times have I ever witnessed the Emperor's power...this one being the fourth and none of those times were ever fondly remembered"

Saku lowered his head thinking about what he saw "I can...only wonder Ozway's strength if that guy does ever consider using his full strength"

"More to the point" said Shais "I wonder if anyone can even measure up to his full strength...or the Empress' for that matter"

"Yeah...you're right. I'm not sure if Zarla is as strong as Ozway, or stronger it's hard to tell, but I like to believe their powers are close at least"

"That much I'll agree with too and speaking of full powers...yours has grown to a significant degree"

"You...noticed?"

"I think most people would have a hard time noticing"

Shais seemed almost excited as he spoke "Compared to when you first arrive...you almost seem like a new fighter. While I've yet to witness the full scope of your potential I've seen the signs...like that perception ability of yours"