Arc 3: Chapter 22 - The Enigma of Light

Saku and friends were making their way to the Stadium where Solum was due to battle. Emiko was in notably somewhat ill condition with Angel helping her along while Saku kept catching glimpses at Zarla as she walked along. Zarla did notice after a while "Saku I'm fine really. Admittedly I can't fight too good but I'm alright to walk"

"If you're sure" said Saku folding his arms "But then again I don't think I could fight either...ow. Still hurting a bit all over"

"Well you were both confronted with tremendous stress" Said Aeron "so I'm not surprised that you both feel some recoil"

"I'm just...glad you're both alright" said Leyla nervously to which she felt a light touch to her head "huh?"

"Sorry for worrying you" said Saku to her "but we're made of tough stuff so don't lose sleep over us jeez. You holding up alright Emiko??"

"I'll...be fine" she said coughing a bit

"I'll keep an eye on her" said Angel smiling to him "Leave her with me" Saku nodded.

They made it into the stadium where they saw Zak'ryon in his place with Shais "These are two I didn't think I see" said Angel "And Zak'ryon got out of bed for once"

"Ha-ha very funny" said Zak'ryon "would it surprise you to know I AM actually interested in today's fight"

"that IS a surprise" said Katsia rather posh like "to think you're showing some interest"

"As if you're any better...you're here for the same thing as me. To actually know a thing about our Mystery Man"

"The same for me too" said Shais "Solum is the New Overseer this time round so I too am eager to learn how he fights or what abilities he wields. Quercus I've seen and Ken Saku made all too clear"

"Speaking of Saku" said Zak'ryon turning round "What the hell happened with you last night?"

Zak'ryon seemed perturbed "You didn't halve explode in that fight?"

"Didn't know you were watching" said Saku

"I wasn't originally but...I felt a strong niggle to come see you" Zak'ryon showed a black covered hand "The darkness in me responded to yours, in-fact it told me to come find you"

"The...Darkness inside you is sentient?" asked Aeron

"To a small extent...I could feel it, all the darkness all out in one moment. Your rage was even emphasized in your energy beams. Last time I checked your energy was close lightning yet you scorched everything you struck"

"Wait...flames?" wondered Zarla "His energy beams produced flames?"

"Were you THAT angry your beams were like that of fire?" Asked Angel but Saku didn't answer her "Saku?"

"Saku...be a bit smarter would you?" asked Zak'ryon "I know fully well we can't keep it bottled all the time, but to let it consume you just because it feels good it's cowardice" in a strange reaction Saku got up and darkly stared at him

"Why...talking from experience are you? I wonder who you've gone for at that moment...did you care if they got hurt or not?" Zak'ryon notably flinched and seemed offended

"Saku hoy!" Zarla said scolding him "that was uncalled for! Calm down!" Saku didn't quite back down with Zarla putting a firm hand to his shoulder "Drop it!" it was a very tense moment until Saku groaned and sat down.