Arc 2 - Chapter 35: The Forgotten Trigger

The matches resumed, with Angel facing her next opponent. A insectoid like species with 'natural' green armour plating and two arms. He looked like a humanoid rhino beetle with four fingered hands, club feet and a human face with a big t-shaped beetle horn. Angel was using her scythe and power of wind to keep her opponent away who would simply charge in – literally – striking her with his horn before, punching her stomach and her face sending her to the ground.

Angel was sent hurtling, as her opponent charged after her but Angel managed to recover, twirled herself over her pursuer and concreting a ball of wind thrust it into him, sending hurtling into the ground. Angel landed, panting a bit and scuffed her opponent getting up and panting the same.

In the stands, Absent of Zarla who presided elsewhere, was Saku and his friends looking on in worry, Zak'ryon included. Presiding on the podium was Solum and Ozway. Saku was stood cheering Angel on "come on, you can do it. Just hang in there"

"Angel is having some trouble with this Aton guy" said Zak'ryon "An aerial fist-fighter...not too common if I can say"

"Neither one holds a distinct advantage" said Aeron "Angel's abilities are not the most ideal at close-quarters but Aton seems not to wield any long-range abilities"

"It'll be down to who deals the most damage" said Katsia "at the right time"

"I think Angel holds a small advantage" said Leyla "Anton's body temperature is rapidly increasing...due to his immense power output. He'll overheat before long"

"then pray tell" said Zak'ryon interested "how did he manage to get this far without overheating?"

"His race can only fight so strongly in short bursts over a period of time"

"So if Angel keeps the pressure going" said Emiko "then she can win"

Angel got her breath back and produced her scythe jumping at Aton who produced an aura pole. The two engaged in close-quarters combat both of them swinging and clashing. Aton was starting to sweat and would try to charge forward with fierce strikes striking Angel hard but she would then respond with a strong slice to his body.

Aton was getting red and desperate with literal steam rising and in last ditch like effort he called out with strong energy, his aura pole becomes massive in size, over 20 metres long and a 1 metre in width. He sent it down in a vertical stroke. Angel put up her special bio-shield which had an octagonal pattern and edge and she took the blow hard, which pushed her into the floor.

Aton swung one strong blow after the next, Angel's barrier holding – though cracks formed – with one hitting her hard "Now we have a battle of – what's the word – attrition?" said Zak'ryon "Aton is literally cooking, in-fact you can smell him, while with each blow Angel is losing quite a lot of energy"

"Angel!" called Saku "don't take it on...wait for the swing and dodge it!" Angel saw Aton preparing a fierce horizontal swing and hearing Saku jumped high above Aton

"Right let's get this done!" Angel vanished her scythe and concentrated her energy into one condensed if squirming ball of green wind.

Aton couldn't stop his swing, having put so much energy into his swing and tried to adjust himself as he finished "Too late..." called Angel "Rage Of Jovana!" she fired an almost condensed hurricane at Aton that hit him like a bullet. Aton tried to keep hiss ground...but his feet quickly left the ground, he was sent ploughing through the ground and hit the wall with a great deal of force.