Chapter 27: Fighters From Air and Sea

The stadium, the same as the last, was a nice circle. It wasn't quite as tall, about three tiers but was filled to the brim with roaring fans. It also had an overlook podium allowing any overseers to have a clean view. Floating throughout the stadiums were cameras which hovered throughout the whole stadium. There were many VR screens as well, so no matter where you were sat, you could easily see all that was happening. The combatants were at the bottom floor, above ten foot above ground, with an easy view of the battle-field.

The battlefield was a more natural one than normal. It was mostly green with some gentle hills. Several trees dotted the field as well as fairly small lakes, and two wide rivers artificially made and filled. The seats of the stadium were three rows. A long middle one, and two short ones at either end with a gap between them for the stairwell.

Saku had arrived at the combatants section where he saw Angel, Katsia and Zak'ryon already present. Angel heard them and turned round "Hey...over here. I got us some seats at the front"

"And there're not bad either" said Zak-ryon who had been lying down on the seats "A perfect view of the action"

"You sure took your time" said Katsia who was next to Angel "You should have been here already"

"Why? It doesn't start for another twenty minutes" said Saku "I'm early enough as it is" Saku took his seat, and Emiko hers, sitting one seat away from the end "so does anyone actually know the rules of stage two?"

"Just the same as you" said Zak'ryon "All of us, excluding your partner Saku, must take part in at least one match"

"The Emperor hasn't really explained any of the rules" said Katsia "But I don't doubt he will start in due time"

The short time rolled by somewhat quickly, the group just talking amongst themselves. Upon the Overseers podium in the Stadium Zarla appeared with only Ozway to accompany her. Ozway walked to the edge of the podium, a camera zooming on him to which his person was projected on all the VR screens throughout the stadium.

Saku guessed Ozway was visible in every stadium there was. He then cleared his throat and spoke, his voice carrying throughout the whole stadium "Attention...Attention everyone. Greetings to you ladies, fellow Gentlemen and children. I also extend my introduction to the watchers from galaxies afar, and to many who listen. Welcome to Stage 2 of the Grand Celestia!"

Saku made a loud groan as Ozway began to make a speech "And here we go, first battle of the day...surviving his grand speech"

"I bet most people just surrender from boredom" said Zak'ryon sarcastically

"You two should be listening" said Katsia scowling "He is the emperor"

"What? To his great speech about the Grand Celestia?" said Saku slumping backwards "wake me up when he explains the rules"

"I'll set the alarm clock shall I...for next month" said Angel jokingly "Oh Saku...you have a guest"

Saku turned to his left to see a timid looking Leyla stood before him "Your...Leyla right?" Saku sat up "What do you want?"

"Well...I...uhh" said Leyla timidly as she looked down "Just wanted to...say...umm"

"It's okay to talk you know" Leyla looked up to Saku "Just say what you're going to say. I'm not going to be mad or anything"

"Unless you tick him off" said Zak'ryon teasing

"Shut up Zak" said Saku firmly "Well Leyla go ahead"