Arc 3 - Chapter 4: The Bite of Frost

Aeron was facing off against a Dryad, Arbok the 'predator' of her very species. Aeron hovered into the air, green crystalline guards coating the end of her feathers while her opponent took out what seemed to be only an aura dagger – the length of his fore-arm – of a dark green but nothing else. Arbok just smirked "Well...this shouldn't be much of a problem"

"You seem full of yourself" said Aeron "considering the bout has only begun"

"It's evolution calling it so...nothing personal"

"Then why not prove it?" she swished her hand to create ice and with a thrust of her palm made an ice-crystal shoot at Arbok. Arbok though just scoffed and with ninja liked speed, vanished through it, leaving behind slices before the ice split into mist.

Arbok just stood "you Jovan's are all the same, it's either just ice or wind with you guys borrr-ing"

"I'm not like most of my kind" said Aeron in a lonely tone

"Oh I know all about you...the left-behind Fledgling raised by -"

"Silence! The battlefield has no need for past dredging, fighters should only care about the victory before them"

"Then let's get on with it"

As Aeron took to the air, she began firing ice icicles at Arbok who slashed through them before reaching his right arm out...for his tree-like arm to extend and coiled around Aeron's body. Gasps came from the audience as Arbox brought down his arm, and slammed Aeron into the ground before pulling her right at him "Time for an early finish" but as he went for the slash Aeron reacted and stamped down her foot to bounce over Arbok, delivering a kick to his face making him stagger and recoil his arm.

Aeron shook off the daze of the blow while the crowd gathered "to those of you about to ask" said Wazoo "about the feat Arbok displayed let me explain. As a Dryad he can freely extend his limbs over some distance and even create special plants and herbs, but in the interest of fairness the use of his limbs are permitted but not his herbs or plants in combat"

"So Arbok has a range advantage?" said Zak'ryon "well normally anyway but with my experience with foes with stretchy limbs, they mostly can only go in straight lines when extending"

"We'll have to see" said Saku folding his arms and seeming anxious

"What's the matter Saku?" asked Zarla "what are your thoughts?" he hummed to himself

"I'm just wondering...how long Aeron can hold back?"

"How do you mean?" asked Katsia "that is in terms of context for I know what you mean by the sentiment.

Saku closed his eyes "This is not simply a case of fighter versus fighter" said Saku sounding concerned "It can be considered Prey vs Predator. Arbok is naturally designed with talents to subdue the Jovans...which no doubt he'll be showing off"

"But in that line of thinking" said Zarla interjecting "Prey do also evolve to better escape their predators"

"That's to escape however not fight" said Zak'ryon "like strong legs for running away or good ears to hear your predator coming