Arc 3 - Chapter 3: Observant Eyes

It was day 3 of the continued rounds and everyone was awake. Saku was up in the kitchen with Leyla at the table. He was preparing Ham, cheese and very lightly peppered omelettes with a glass of orange juice and served it to Leyla "Here you go...and sorry if it's not too good" he said "Cooking is not quite my thing but I've been trying to pick it up a little"

"No it's okay thank you" said Leyla who trying not to be rude took a bite and chewed only to flinch...and hummed "Hmmmm..."

"Was it good?" Leyla had a nice smile

"It's yummy Saku, thank you" Saku felt a bit...weird but not bad seeing her tuck in

"Well I guess I'm no chef but I can handle breakfast just fine" as he had a chunk of his own he even surprised himself "that...turned out better than I thought, then again I did go through two of them"

As they finished and washed up "Well we'd best get ready, its your match and Aeron's today" said Saku "How are you feeling?"

"Hmm...not too confident" said Leyla anxiously "The fights are getting harder and I'm afraid I've neglected any training"

"You can only take the fight as it goes Leyla, don't sell yourself short. I know considering the scope of this competition, this is wrong to say but, if you fight with all you have and still lose...at least you'll have no regrets. It's a downer to say...but it's not going to smooth sailing all the way through"

"I know that...Saku" Saku patted Leyla on the shoulder

"Just wing it and adapt. Preparation is good, but over preparation just makes you worry"

"Alright sure"

As Leyla cheered up a little Saku got a call from his OSCOM "incoming call from Angel" spoke up AL

"Answer" he said

"Saku, Saku are you up?" asked Angel

"But surely he must be up to take your call" said Aeron in the background

"Sorry, out of habit. Good morning, and to you Leyla"

"Good...morning" Leyla called back

"We're all heading to the stadium now" said Emiko "We thought to meet you there as we already set off a short time ago to get some good seats"

"No worries" said Saku "We're just finishing up and we'll meet you there"

"Try not be late" said Katsia "see you soon" as Saku hung up

"The princess definitely has much confidence in us Leyla"

The two walked along to the outside...to a torrential rain that pounded the land "Oh great..." said Saku "couldn't the Emperor pick a planet that doesn't have tropical rain-storms?"

"at least the stadium is shielded from weather" said Leyla

"Still we at least should borrow an umbrella?" he was then handed one by staff to show a rather hi-tech translucent umbrella that shielded them both nicely and didn't even budge in the wind "Where were these back home when we needed them?"

"Oh...does it rain on your world to?"

"Depends where you live"

"Oh really? Could you tell me more?"