Arc 3 - Chapter 23: Fear of the Emperor

It was the evening before the final day of the brief respite of the Grand Celestia with the Overseer Royal Melee. Though it was meant to be a relaxing time, for Emiko the time wasn't too pleasant. Emiko was already in bed, with a fever and weakness to her body Aeron and Angel looked over her, checking her temperature and body "Her condition...seems to be degrading" said Aeron "Her general condition is poor, her temperate high and her skin cold to the touch"

"It seems to have hit her hard and quick" said Angel "I wonder if we should call a doctor"

"I've give it the night" said Saku watching in the background "We all do get ill at one point. It could just be her turn"

"Does your brand tell you anything to her condition?" asked Aeron with Saku looking to his blue sword that was now half-purple

"nothing much but my eyes tell me she's tired, she's already out cold" they saw Emiko already asleep "I'll keep an eye on her and if she gets any worse I'll take her to the doctor myself"

They all went back downstairs where Leyla was drinking some tea watching the TV "There's now only tomorrow..." said Angel "when the Emperor decides to fight, I'm honestly nervous"

"With the events that has progressed" said Aeron looking nervous herself "I can only imagine his anger and stress would've naturally ascended"

"Same here" said Saku "because can I say a Truth...I was thinking of actually fighting Ozway"

"How hard did you get hit?" remarked Angel

"As I said...I WAS going to but..." he then weirdly went quiet "compared to Zarla, Ozway hasn't relieved his frustrations with everything that happened and I've felt a brief glimpse of his power and that alone near knocked me for six"

"I...get what you refer to" said Aeron "should only a glimpse have that much effect, then a more truer display would understandably make you anxious"

It was at the moment all the OSCOM's turned blue and a hologram of Ozway (his head and neck) "Attention all conscious combatant...this is an update for tomorrow's event. Tomorrow concludes the Overseer Royal Rumble event, with yours truly to take part, only there's been an update to it. Generally the rules are the same but due to tomorrows weather a countdown clock will be used instead. Another update is this...I have relaxed the limit, up to 500 hundred people can fight me at any one time"

"500!?" remarked Angel

"I would say more the stadium won't fit more than that. I will take on ANY challenge but know this. If you fight me from the get-go...no worries but if you plan on fighting me in the later half, you will put in a notification! It's a simple press and it tells me you're open to a fight but note you can't pull out of it"

"That's...sneaky as hell" said Saku "Meaning if their ego's make them press the button, they'll regret it later"

"If you try to pull out of it...I'll just fight you anyway whether you want to fight or not!" he said smiling a bit wickedly "But...I have a little rule introduction"

It was then his voice went a bit dark "everyone who has either bent the rules for their favour, and still remains in the competition...is obligated to challenge me tomorrow or be outright disqualified"

"Wait what?" remarked Saku

"If your OSCOM is flashing purple...that means you!" on instinct the girls looks to theirs, and Saku his, but saw no flash. Saku even glanced to Emiko just in case and saw hers not flashing "Well I do look forward to seeing you tomorrow, have a good sleep"