Arc 3 - Chapter 39: Fire Beneath the Ice

It was the brief 'weekend' between rounds and Saku and his friend, with some fortune, still all remain within the competition to the next round. For a good majority, Tag-Teams had being formed but towards the entirety were reporting to the service bays.

Several long lines of Alien species were being fitted for their Air helmets or breathing devices as the next battle would be waged on a asteroid with no air to breath. Saku was being fitted with his which looked to be a plastic but electronic mask that was a colour of light blue and formed over his face, eyes included and was strapped comfortable to his head.

Saku tried breathing through it and to the service staff was delighted and allowed through. The mask left and receded into a sort of black tiny box on the back of his head, the box about the size of a thumbnail "And I'm done...that went quickly"

"You got fitted for yours" said Katsia who was to his side and wearing a helmet with a visor face, that had some pipes out the back "You're seems rather simple"

"I just need oxygen and some nitrogen to get by. You're seems...a little more complex"

"To word it best...this device is more of an air-filter than an actual breathing thing. This is not being arrogant or pompous but Polaran lungs are somewhat fragile. Our planet has very clean air. In generic air, like here on the station, we've adapted to use the purities in the air to help clean out Impurities but Space is just full of airbourne poisons. To exaggerate a little a Polaran CAN breathe in space...we just end up poisoning ourselves" 

Katsia tapped her helmet which receded to a metal choker ring on her blue neck "how do you manage with poisons can I ask?"

"Human lungs have these...like little hairs" said Saku tapping his chest "Which catches poisons and disease. It then traps them in this gunk green stuff and...well...travels back up to our noses which we blow into tissues. A human CANNOT breathe without Oxygen and a little nitrogen as the gas is needed for our blood to give energy to us. Nitrogen isn't needed...it just balances things out"

"From what I know Emiko isn't being fitted, for due to some technicality she can't participate"

"Yeah she can't. Come on let's walk and talk" said Saku going with her "I got an update from Ozway"

They walk past the lines "In a tag-team match...it's strictly two on two, so Emiko can't really join" said Saku "Ozway told me she would've being fine in Sword-form...but there's no guarantee her breathing instruments will stay and/or work properly when she changes states"

"I understand..." said Katsia "I mean you can't test if it works without...well actually testing it"

"I know and I agreed with Ozway that it's safer if she stays back. For what if I'm in the middle of a stressful moment or too far away but Emiko can't hold the weapon state and we can't help her"

"Yeah that would be bad" imaging Emiko suffocating

"It's just to make things a bit smoother that's all. If we can prove her breathing things work she's in, otherwise safer than sorry"

They found Sukura walking to them "Greetings friends, are you all fitted?" he asked happily

"We are and you?" Asked Saku

"I can breathe in space, so it was not needed. Though saying that there IS only so long I CAN breathe but I can survive in space for 72 hours so I think that's more than enough time"