Chapter 21: The Reason One Fights

Saku was mid-way in his training session with Zarla who quickly began demonstrating her overwhelming power. Zarla's power was still rather meagre looking, yet Saku was having great difficulty. Despite her power only in '2nd Gear' her movements were faster than the eye could see and to top it all she was now flying.

Saku was stood upon one of the many floating platforms readying himself against Zarla "Well Saku...I'm not too surprised I had to use gear second"

"So that was my target was it?" said Saku being a bit snarky "I'm glad I met you're expectations"

"Now, now behave yourself" she wagged her finger at him "Now in gear second my fighting ability is roughly the same, only I float"

"So this would be your...warm-up stage. Before you begin using any real power" Zarla smiled a little

"Yes...we'll go with that. Well then...when you're ready"

Saku jumped from his platform at Zarla and clenched his hands. Saku thrust a punch forward but Zarla simply hovered down and with a spin kick, knocked Saku backwards. Saku flipped backwards landing on a platform "It won't be as easy as before" said Zarla "Don't forget I have full range of movement"

"Yeah...I worked that out"

Saku jumped back at her again and punched aiming for her stomach. Zarla however simply caught his punch "that won't work Saku" Saku almost in frustration began sending punches and kicks at Zarla but she was just blocking every move he made. Saku punched at her face but Zarla swayed to the side, in the air, and then kneed his gut.

Saku felt his body arch upwards from her blow, mildly losing his breath while Zarla locked her hands and smashed his back sending down. Saku quickly shook off the daze of the attack, spun round and shot a moderate beam of white at Zarla. Zarla saw it coming, put forward her hands "Vacuum Wave" Zarla generated a strong downward force, in Saku's direction. The force simply broke through Saku's beam and hit him hard, sending him into the floor.

Angel, Aeron and Emiko felt the power of the landing from the resulting shockwave, blow upon them. Even Katsia, who had just arrived, had to cover herself "Empress' power is strong indeed" said Aeron "She cut through Saku's attack like nothing"

"I suppose it doesn't help that Saku can't fly" said Angel "but I doubt with wings it would change anyway. She does have full range of movement after all"

"Angel...are the two fighting?" asked Katsia

"No...they're simply training" said Emiko "that's all"

Katsia had to turn herself to Saku who began picking himself up "This is training? It looks to me like a full on fight"

"Empress is being careful with him" said Angel "Once she believes Saku can't fight anymore, she'll end the fight"

"Well it doesn't look like he can fight anymore" Saku was stood but a little shaky. He looked up to Zarla who had her arms folded and then breathing, jumped back up "What...he's going back? He can't be serious"

Saku was jumping up the platforms, to get to Zarla's level and then stopped. He was a little unsteady and panting mildly "Is he stupid or something?" said Katsia bluntly "it's obvious that he can't defeat her"

"I don't think he honestly is" said Aeron "Saku is aware of his own limitations. He probably just wants to see how far he can go"

"So he thinks he can possible hurt her or something? It sounds rather egoistic if you ask me"