Chapter 77: Katsia's Intrigue

It was a busy day on the Omega Spacestation, for many people were preparing for the big move to the next Quadrant of another universe for Stage 3. Many of the citizens aboard were stocking up on items and supplies for the long night that was to follow.

It was late morning and Saku with Angel, Aeron and Emiko were out in a shopping district with a few bags in tow, Saku with a backpack on "So...does everyone know what it is their getting?" asked Angel "Because we won't have a great deal of time"

"I'm just after a few sweets or something like that" said Saku "and maybe some bottled drinks for the night ahead"

"I wish to buy some food stuffs for the day ahead" said Aeron "for I fear I'm running a bit low"

"Same for me I guess" said Angel "that...and today is a good excuse to splurge a little...since we are shopping"

"Try not to get carried away Angel" said Emiko "You'll have to a carry it all"

"I wouldn't bother Emiko" said Saku "I've seen enough shows to know, once a girl gets the idea of shopping in their head...expect a little more than just a few bag"

The group came to a circular plaza of sorts, with four pathways going through the district. Waiting there was Katsia, who perked on upon seeing them "There you all are...and almost late as well. I was nearly ready to move on"

"Nice to see you too Katsia" said Saku "and considering we invited you here, that's not the right way to greet someone"

"And to reply to your point...if you're going to extend an invitation than by rights you should have the courtesy to turn up"

"To which we did...so end of conversation"

"Now, now ease up you two" said Angel going between them "We're just here to shop for a while before we go back home for the night. So try to get along"

The two scowled at each other for a minute or so "Fine...we'll just do that" said Saku "I was just making a point"

"And I also" she said folding her arms, her hair tails doing the same

"You two...can't seem to quite get along can you?" said Angel "Well now we've found Katsia...where's the next broody one"

"That's a point. Katsia...were you able to contact Zak'ryon?" asked Saku "Not that I mind either way...if he's here or not"

"I believe his excuse was" said Katsia "Don't wake me up till the morning"

Saku and Angel groaned "It wouldn't kill him to leave his room once in a while" said Angel "or actually interact with people"

"Then...it's just the five of us it seems" said Emiko "And we've got the whole afternoon ahead of it"

"Then before we start...should we get some refreshment" said Aeron "for as the day goes on...I imagine most vendors will begin to retire"

"Attention...Attention all please!" Ozway's voice, or a recording of one, echoed through the area "The curfew of tonight has been put been put forward to 4PM. Make sure you are home before that time...thank you"

"That...doesn't give us much time" said Katsia "Most people will start to head home, sooner than normal, with the pushed forward curfew time"

"Then...let's take Aeron's suggestion, and get some food now" said Saku "because soon...this place will be a ghost town"