Chapter 42: Questionable Intentions

The second match was already underway, Aeron was versing the winged Devilo and Katsia the fiery Scorgea. However within only minutes it was obvious who was going to win...and it wasn't Scorgea and Devilo. Scorgea looked to be very weak to water, which Katsia majored in, while Devilo looked to be somewhat weak against Aeron

Saku and Zak'ryon both quickly recognised the problem with the match, and how Scorgea and Devilo were going to quickly lose should the battle continue, with their chosen opponents, but what made Saku anxious...was the fact Kid knew this by his confident and cocky grin. It was a kind of grin which told them, Kid directed Devilo to fight Aeron, and Scorgea with Katsia...knowing full well they would lose.

Everyone wondered why "So...Kid set up Scorgea and Devilo" said Angel "To fight the worst opponent?"

"Yeah...he did" said Saku "At least if that grin is not from insanity"

"I know that Kid said he wasn't interesting in winning" said Zak'ryon "but I didn't think he was serious. Either those two have a potent power, that'll give them a second wind"

"Or he wants them to lose"

"But why would he want them to lose?" asked Emiko

"Well..." said Zak'ryon folding his arms behind his head "We'll see shortly"

Devilo was once again flying right at Aeron, his sai's at the ready, while Aeron clapped her hands together "You won't advance I'm afraid" then thrusting them forward shot forward an icy wind

"It won't work this time lovely" said Devilo who covered himself with his wings, to shield himself from the wind. As the wind ended Devilo unfolded his arms "You see...told you it wouldn't work"

"Actually it did. Cast your eyes upon your extensions" Devilo began to feel his wings begin to harden and grow heavy and looking at his wings saw them covered in frost.

Thick frost spread over Devilo's membrane wings, hardening and solidifying. His wings were becoming stiff and heavy until he was slowly falling to the ground "Now...to accelerate your defeat" Aeron crossed up arm, her hand next to her face making it glow a frosty blue. This created a 5ft chunk of ice, that was egg shaped, above Devilo.

Devilo looked at Aeron's arm crossed "Now feel the chill, of the Artic descent!" with an uncross of her arm, the chunk began to drop. Devilo looked up to see the ice chunk and almost feverish began flapping. However his hardened heavy wings were useless until the ice boulder struck him and smashed him into the ground.

Aeron looked down on Devilo, within a small dimple of the field, and saw him straining to get up. He was visibly shivering as he got up "It would be useless to continue this battle. Your physique against my abilities has placed you at a disadvantage"

"I'm beginning to see that" said Devilo "although strangely my captain said otherwise about this battle"

"Then...you were fooled. I suggest you surrender...Devilo"

"Not quite...yet"

Scorgea was having as much trouble against Katsia. Scorgea was still trying to fire blasts of flame but Katsia was just using her shield to block them. Scorgea wasn't tiring, her fire hair starting to thin while steam still rose from her wet body. Katsia was growing impatient "Is this really the best you can do? Come on either start erupting...or surrender?"

"Surrender?" said Scorgea "Me the head of my clan? Surrender...no...I don't know the word!" Scorgea flame hair soared to life, blazing wildly before she thrust one hand forward and shot forward a beam of blue fire.