Chapter 87: A Sense of Similarity

Saku made his way, on his own, to a concession stand to fill to satisfy his hunger...and to check on Angel. Her expression and sad tone weighed on his mind "I wonder what she was trying to ask..."

"Saku...do you...oh never mind"

"And why did she look...I guess, so pessimistic. It was as if she was afraid to ask...but then again I know that feeling. When you've been shot down enough times...you'd rather avoid the disappointment anymore"

As Saku sighed "I'd rather see if she's alright...I mean it might be nothing but at least Angel won't be on her own. Well besides Angel...what else I'm curious about is my new sensory ability" Saku recalled to Dashor's blinding speed but he was still able to track him "I was actually able to follow Dashor's movements...even when my eyes couldn't. How the heck did I even learn to do that?"

Saku folded his arms "Plenty of fighters on Earth I'll admit are plenty strong, and some people have amazing sensory perception...whether it'd be sight, hearing or just plain prediction...but none I saw could do what I just did. Or it could be I was too inexperienced to realise. I mean take my old man...in his prime he went undefeated. That might've been the powers he had...but no-one could even hit him, or rather hurt him"

Saku made a heavy sigh "Well...it's not as if I can ask him now, I can't really send him a message where he is. Still I wonder what he would say...then again I wonder what anyone in my family would say? That is about this tournament and my powers...and that's a point do they even know"

Saku closed his eyes as he turned a corner "My Mom knows...I mean she was there when Ozway 'invited' me, but are my sisters actually aware of where I am?. Has Mom told them...or do they still think I'm carted off to the next academy?" Saku though just shrugged his arms "Then again...I could send a letter or message I suppose, let them know how things are going" as a smell of food struck his nostril, his stomach chimed in "First thing's first though food...and same rule as before. If it moves, close my eyes before taking a bite"

Saku continued walking along, with a blue burger patty in a bun. It was unusual in flavour, in an mixture of meat flavouring and sour "I must have an iron-gut to stomach have of the food they serve here. I don't even know what I'm eating half of the time...or whether it's meat, veg...or otherwise. Actually...I'll stop myself right there"

As Saku walked on, a familiar voice among the crowd reached his ears "No...No I've not yet to ask him" a somewhat more mature voice, though full of energy, sighed with disappointment

"Come on Angy, you are running out of time here" said the voice with a sigh "suck it in, puff out your bosom and put on the charm. I mean no normal boy can resist a good looking lady as yourself"

"I'd like to know how you hold such confidence...in me" Saku followed the voice to see the back of Angel, her posture drooped a little, seemingly speaking to thin-air

"Look if he's as kind-hearted as you say...he won't turn you down"

"I...guess so...but i...but..."

Saku heard the uneasy in Angel's voice, wondering what was worrying so...but for the time being he wondered whom she was speaking to. Peeking round her (Which proved a little awkward with Angel's wings) he was able to see whom she was talking too...though a little transparent and blue.

Angel looked to speaking with the hologram (All blue) of a girl from her torso upwards. Saku could make out she was wearing a vest, and had a small chest, but the hologram made it difficult to determine her actual body build. Saku could see though like Angel, the hologram girl borrowed features of a cat...though if a little more