Chapter 91: Might of the Soverign

Saku stood looking up, Aeron behind him still injured...at Ozway who slowly floated down to the ground. Saku felt extremely anxious, as did everyone else in the stadium, not quite due to Ozway's appearance...but the sheer pressure that seemed to be exuded. The gravity felt heavier, the wind was completely still and the very air seemed hard to breathe in.

Saku trembled before Ozway, his sensory ability almost shouting at him to run or move "Aeron...can you fly?"

"Huh...?" she said too distracted

"Can you fly?"

"No...I'm afraid I'm unable to" Aeron said to which Saku saw she wasn't holding up her right wing "The impact of Saruno's attack...I believe fractured the bones in my wing"

"Should've guessed...can you stand?" Aeron did try to get up, Saku aiding her, but it was obvious the strain of the battle and the damage from the poachers had rendered her tired. As Aeron got to her feet, she stumbled with Saku catching her "I'll take my second question...as a sort of no"

"I apologize...for my weakness"

"Stop it. You've helped me enough times. And two of those times I couldn't even crawl...so less of that...alright?" Aeron nodded as Saku looked up to Ozway "Alright...to help avoid straining your wing...get on my back. That way it won't drag upon the ground"

"Okay...I shall"

As Aeron piggy-backed on Saku, Ozway had landed...his voice low and his words filled with anger "It seems...I've grown too soft. Despite all the warnings, and the generous compromises" Ozway held out his hand, tightly clenching it "people just seem to think...they can do...what they want to" immediately a thick crater just formed round him (Minus where his feet was) "and think I'd let them get away with it!"

The thirty something group all immediately cowered "It seems...I have to show you, and to everyone here...that you need to understand who precisely...you're dealing with" Ozway thrust two fingers to his shoulder, a holographic camera "Attention everyone...in the stands, watching from the Station, in your homes in both worlds here...and those non-existent to us. It doesn't matter. This...is a public announcement"

As Ozway began to proclaim Zarla walked to Saku "Now lately...as many of you are aware...we've been having quite a fair few cheaters, trying to have their ways in my graceful tournament. My tournament...is a means of those to fight for their homes, honour and kinship...even to some just a means to end...but I will not tolerate...any abusing the rules for their own selfish gain!"

Ozway irritation was easy to hear "Now...in the past, I have been lenient...that is with affairs. I know that most people out there are blackhearts...and what they do isn't my business. What IS my business is when people seem to forget...that this is a 'friendly' competition where fighters have enough to fight for as it is. They don't need kidnappers...assassins or troublemakers interfering! If it's elsewhere fine...but I will not tolerate it anymore"

Ozway's voice grew a little louder "I'm going to make this...Crys-tal Cl-ear. Anyone caught cheating in my tournament...will from now on be severely punished" Zarla reached Saku going to his side

"Saku...come on...let's go" she said not doing well her own irritation yet anxiety "This isn't going to be pretty"

"Cheating includes..." Ozway said continuing "One...any use of real weapons. With some exceptions no real weaponry is to be used...unless charged by one's own aura. Otherwise nothing else is permitted"