Chapter 35: A Midnight Plan

In the combatants section the feeling amongst Saku's allies was appreciation for his action  "He...entered the tournament and endured much injury" said Aeron almost with pride "only to free those held captive. Such a noble and compassionate gesture"

"What do you mean?" asked Emiko

"To put it simply" said Angel "Saku entered this event...to free people trapped in a prison who were wrongly accused"

"That's...amazing. I think it's wonderful he did such a compassionate gesture"

"It truly is Emiko" said Shais who sounded as if great relief flowed through him "Is really is"

Shais then stood up "With this gesture...many here, who once feared him, will now have a different opinion. Although some will dislike this decision...but they are in minority. Well...if you'll excuse me, I have a Brother to meet" with that Shais walked on

"And I have to go too" said Leyla standing up "there's something I need to deliver right after this event. So goodbye" with that Leyla ran off too

"As for me I'm going to bed" said Zak'ryon stretching and yawning "See you whenever I can be assed getting up"

The girls were left alone and felt a nice uplift to their spirits "so...the real Saku that's behind that shell...is one of goodness" said Aeron "I know that now seeing that today. No person of dark intent would've performed that action"

"Yeah...I believe that too" said Angel "that display shows us there is goodness inside him"

"Then...we really do have to save him" said Emiko "And free the goodness buried within him"

"Now do you see Katsia?" said Aeron turning to her "What I meant by how his actions contradict his actions" Angel also turned to Katsia with arms crossed and a disapproving look

"I bet you don't think he's a bad person now do you? After all those things you said...do you think it's still true? Well?" Katsia looked not to have heard her.

Katsia just seemed to remain still, her eyes looking to be filled with not shock but regret "Katsia?" said Aeron "Can you hear us?"

"That light...I saw within him" Katsia said more to herself "Why didn't I choose...to believe it? All this time...I focused only the darkness. Clouded by my own fears and judgement"

"Wait...what do you mean?" said Aeron "Are you saying...you were able to see the depths of Saku's soul?"

Katsia locked her fingers together, her tails of hair oddly doing the same "When I peered...within Saku's heart...I saw the light in his heart and the darkness which threatens to consume it"

"Wait...you can see inside his heart?" asked Emiko to which Katsia closed her eyes

"Only when his heart was opened up. It was when Emiko and Angel...saved him from the falling debris"

"So you gazed within Saku's true self?" asked Aeron

"I believed so...but I see now I've focused only on the darkness"

Katsia opened her eyes and her voice sounded full of shame "Although I couldn't gaze into his heart today...I could feel a warmth permeate through his closed heart. It was...soothing"

"You speak about the shell...which holds him prisoner" said Aeron "his heart holds a firm shell...built from years of pain and solitude"

"We believe it what holds the real Saku back" said Emiko