Arc 2 - Chapter 22: A Once Forgotten Notion

Everyone stepped back as Saku stood to face Aberline who seemed uneasy, her fur slowly rises "The amount of heat Saku is producing...it's making my hair stand on end" she said preparing "Just how much more can he go?" but at that moment

"Emergency! Emergency!" a woman Panther Felinayis darts in, in a dress and leggings "Your highness' it's an emergency"

"What's wrong?" asked Angel with Saku – relaxing his power - turning to the panicked member "What is it?"

"there's a fire going of in the city! You need to come see"

Everyone darted outside to see immediately in view a thick plume of smoke going from the stoking fire just visible from their location "Whoa...that one is really bad" said Eleanor "To see it from here"

"Have the fire-services being called?" asked Eleanor to the frantic person

"Yes they have along with any water users" said the panicked citizen "But water element users in Bruhl are so few"

"Aberline I need you to guide me there" Saku said to her "One of my tuners gives me the power of water, I could help with the flame"

"Really!? Sweet" said Aberline "But wouldn't it be easier to fly there?"

"Though I can fly...I haven't practised it under speed or stress and I'm worn down somewhat from the fight. I've no idea how well I could hold it"

"I'll follow behind you" said Angel "Though my element of wind won't aid much here, I can at least try to safeguard the citizens around" Saku brought back his gear 3 power and darted behind Aberline while Angel and Eleanor with others flew to the fire.

Approaching closer Saku saw panic of nearby people coming to get a closer look. Already some of the soldiers of the castle had cordoned off the area with nearby people in yellow clothing dousing the flames with nearby water pumps, machines or with element users. Though by the power of the water the flame should've been weakened but something seemed to be feeding it and stoking it.

Ignis himself was playing a sort of traffic marshal "Keep back people, keep back! It's for your own safety stay back!" at that moment Aberline and the power shrouded Saku appeared and landed "Wait whoa where did?"

"Ignis!" remarked Saku "What are you...?"

"You arrived here way faster than I thought...here I thought I'd be stuck playing nanny to these guys"

"Well we're here now so..." Saku though was grabbed by Aberline and turned round only to somewhat feel a chill "No...No" it was the butchers, the same one Saku had been in previous marked by the sign he saw through the fire "How did...wha?"

"Ignis what happened?" asked and demanded Aberline "We were only here and last time I checked it wasn't scorching"

"Someone better explain things" said Angel having arrived "Why is the butchers, which I only visited hours ago, on fire!?"

"How am I supposed to know!?" bluntly replied Ignis "Last I heard it was an electrical fire...a faulty wire or something"

A small explosion made them all flinch "Right get back before you're chargrilled" demanded Ignis pushing Saku but he shrugged it off

"Not me" he said to him "I've got a different idea in mind" Saku went to his tuners and clasped around the conductor emerging in his blue tuxedo and long hair tails