Chapter 53: A Small Earnest Wish

Leyla with Saku were walking on their own around a district of the Space-Station. Leyla was telling of another fact of his power which he found very intriguing "I can merge my power with somebody else? What do you mean?"

"Sorry...it's a bit hard to explain" said Leyla who rubbed her head "I'm only reciting from memory really. I remember reading...that Z-Rank energy users can...co-operate with friends to produce stronger special attacks. These moves are...awkward though"

"In what sense?"

"You might be able to make moves...with everyone or not at all" Leyla put a finger to her head trying to force her memory "there's no...real factor it's just down to chance. Only that...you, and your partner, know when you can make a fusion move"

Leyla then groaned and sighed "sorry...I can't remember anymore than that"

"I think you've told me plenty" said Saku "A fusion special huh? That'll be something to see if it presents itself. And when it does...I'll show it to you"

"Oh...you will? I would really like that...thank you" Saku saw her hang her head once more and gently put an hand on her shoulder

"You shouldn't be so down all the time you know? If you only look at the floor...you won't see everything around you" it was then as Leyla looked up

"Oh no...there coming"

Saku turned forward to see two what looked like two large 6ft runaway bulls, with one on the right further behind. The bulls were bright red, had four pure-white eyes and five blue horns on their head. Two in pairs on either side of their head and one in the middle. They looked quite agitated by the loud snorting sounds they made "Those are Linulls" said Leyla looking at them "they in blind-rage mode"

"Blind-rage mode?" asked Saku "I'll ask later what that means but how do we stop him?"

"Either strong impact...or slow them down"

"I vote for strong impact" Saku put his hands to his side and generated a ball of energy "Now have this" he threw his blast at the left Linull hitting it with strong impact.

The left one slowed a little, shaking his head for a moment but as it's 'friend' caught up it simply sped back up again "Not quite strong enough" said Saku "I'll try it again"

"Use your strikes to add momentum" said Leyla with a burst of surprising confidence "Generate your attack, strike it to build kinetic energy but only hit it with energy to fire it. Quick"

"Alright gotcha. Here goes" Saku thrust his hands out and generated a sphere of white, and slightly blue.

Saku spun round and struck his sphere with a round-house kick, following it up with a rapid thrust of right kicks. With every strike the ball, oddly remaining still, began to wobble and shake in place. Saku then stopped and tightly clenched his hand, before opening it and striking the ball, with energy in his hands.

The ball, in a amazing feat, grew sharp stalks at the SE and SW (Referring to a horizontal plane) of the sphere, going past Saku, before rocketing forward leaving behind a flickering tail giving the impression of an arrow. The arrow struck with the left Linull with great effect and sound, also catching its 'friend'. The right one came out of the cloud, albeit meandering a little, while the one on the left was now still.

Saku saw the right one look a bit dazed "A normal blast should help with...Leyla!? What are you doing?" Leyla had rushed to the right one, which looked ready to trample her, but she stopped and put her hands out taking the bull head-on. The bull was easily pushing the small Leyla along, but she was gripping the floor with a sense of determination in her eyes which Saku couldn't help but notice.