Chapter 58: A Desperate Call

Back on the audience stand, in the combatants section, Saku's thoughts were being shared "I don't think this guy has any idea of common sense" said Zak'ryon "he purposefully made that explode...even though he'd be caught in it"

"While Saku avoided the main explosion" said Aeron "He, and Flynn, were both still struck by the shockwave. While Flynn dealt considerate damage...he must have had some knowledge that he couldn't evade the impact either"

"I don't think Flynn...was interested in his own health" said Shais "Seeing that proves my theory"

"What do you mean?" asked Angel "So Flynn doesn't care what happens to him? Does he believe in his endurance that much?" they saw Flynn re-emerge in the windswept clearing, which had now a shallow crater, looking a bit unbalanced

"Well if he does have good faith" said Zak'ryon "It looks rather misplaced"

Suspicion was climbing amongst everyone with Katsia the first to speak "looking upon Flynn...he doesn't appear very energetic at the moment"

"Looking at Flynn more...carefully" said Leila "He is rather run-down. He can still go for a while...but he's going to start losing steam"

"So what's his deal then? I don't get it" said Angel itching her head

"Flynn is trying to make this fight go quickly" said Zarla "In-fact...I think he's purposefully trying to hasten its end"

"Why's that?" asked Leila "Is he going to be late for something?"

"It's plausible...but if he wears himself to far down" said Shais "Than he won't be going anyway"

Saku walked back onto the scene, looking tired himself "So we're back here again are we?"

"We are indeed" said Flynn who forged yet another spear "Now let us resume" and he ran towards him

"You're in a hurry aren't you?" Saku took a deep breath in, closed his eyes and nodded "Now to put my theory to the test"

Saku ran at Flynn with his arms behind his back. Flynn jumped first ready to thrust forward his spear with Saku thrusting forward his right hand to fire an energy beam. In that instant Flynn released his spear, ready to fire a beam of fire but Saku delayed his attack, ducked under the beam of fire and thrust his hand right at Flynn's chest. With a good shout Saku released a burst of energy throwing Flynn into the air but he flipped backwards to land on his feet.

Flynn once again came in with a sharp thrust of his spear, which avoided. Then he broadly swung out his spear for a slice but Saku jumped over the spear and ran into Flynn head-smashing his face. Flynn went to retaliate with his own head-smashing attack but Saku fell backwards to the ground, donkey-kicking Flynn chests sending him into the air until he landed in a clump.

Saku sprung back to his feet, Flynn rolling to a crouching position and once more the fight continued but at a much different pace. Saku was now taking control, evading all of Flynn's direct and even in-direct attacks to land clean shots being mindful of Flynn who kept trying to retaliate.

Saku's team and friends saw the difference in the battle "It seems the tide has turned now" said Aeron "Saku is anticipating all of Flynn's moves and landing precise shots"

"Saku seems to taken my advice to heart" said Zarla with a proud smile "He's now realised what Flynn is doing...and is acting appropriately"

"What was...Flynn doing?" asked Leila