Chapter 63: A Vision Within Dreams

Saku was in a liquid type space, a dark one, slowly falling down as a constant odd sensation permeated his body and clothes. His eyes were open, his sensations somewhat hazy, as he saw windows of his life pass him by.

The windows were like small videos, showing Saku the memories that he held within him. These included the painful ones...and the happy ones. Painful ones ranged from the treatment he suffered, and the betrayal he faced from others...each filling his body with numbing cold. However these windows soon fled, replaced by pleasant memories he had made.

The memories showed small windows...of the time he spent at the space-station and the friends he had now made. Time including simple talks and interactions...others showed more powerful memories, such as a hand to pull him away from the dark.

These memories lapped at his body with a velvet warmth, that settled his deep unease and relaxed his body. As he closed his eyes, his body ever so softly landed on a soft floor, his body enveloped by a blanket of softness

Saku felt himself relaxed, and comfortable upon the soft floor he was upon. He felt a nudge to his side along with a young voice that beckoned him from his slumber "Saku...Sakuuu...come on get up"

"Hmm...hmm five more minutes" he said groggily

"Come onnnnn Saku...you'd promised you teach me how to fight today" Saku lazily opened his eyes to see the faint image of a young person next to him "Oh I'll wait for you outside...sleepyhead" his vision sharpened more, as the person ran to the door

"Hey...hey wait" as Saku reached out the door opened, blinding Saku with light, as he squinted to look upon his caller "Who...who are you?" at one moment the image cleared giving him a very short view of the person, a girl with chin-length dull hair, before shut the door "Hey wait" Saku quickly got up, and opened the door...only to find the scenery had changed.

Saku was once more in the large hall, and again he seemed to watch an exact duplicate of himself from afar. Saku saw himself sparring with the same young girl, whom he had previous. He could make out her dull grey hair, and a hakama like outfit. The young girl looked to be on par with Saku, matching him blow for blow and after a short while...the two stopped.

Saku watched the scene of the young girl looking happy with glee, and saw himself smile and praise her "Who...is the small girl? That one that - my duplicate I'll call him - is praising? She doesn't seem the slightest bit familiar, yet...this scene make it appear that...I'm close to her"

Saku thought hard for a moment "I don't get this, why am I here? I don't think this a memory, and it's a not a dream. I mean I'm conscious...at least I think so and this isn't a lucid dream, for I can't control what I see" he then saw a flash and turned to see the same door "And dreams don't have doors to another world. Let's see if it's the same one...again"

Saku stepped to the door, his fingers curling round the handle "My beloved..." a weak and fragile womanly voice lightly carried through the air "my beloved, can you hear me?"

"Huh...who?" Saku looked round for this voice "Who's...who's there?"

"Please...Please you have to live. I don't...want to lose you. You're all I have" it was then a wet drop sensation landed on Saku's head and upon looking up...saw a new world...instead of a ceiling

For a moment it felt like a grey world, for all he saw was smooth grey, but the environment had changed once more. Saku was surrounded by forest, thick and, in the middle of a circular clearing. He felt cold drops of water pour on, and all around him with a howling wind blowing through the rustling trees. He opened his hands to catch a drop, feeling it splash on his hand...but none of the moisture it was supposed to carry.