Chapter 61: Weak Awakening

Three days had now gone by since match 3 of Stage 2. Saku was still asleep in the first-aid ward, his body recovering from its near-death ordeal. As he slept his mind was in a different place, one that reeked oddly of nostalgia but also great unfamiliarity. Saku found himself wandering through a corridor of sorts...filled with boys and girls. They all looked like him...humans with either peach cream, tanned and brown skin. All wore uniforms too of the same colours.

The boys had a dark jumper, over a white shirt, and dark pants and the girls a white jumper, over a black shirt, with dull white skirt. He made another notice that the people here shared quite common physiques. The boys were muscular or easy to look at while the girls were curvy, nice looking or had long hair. He looked down upon himself to see he too wore the same clothes as the boy's but upon coming back up a large hall was shown before him.

The hall was a large square, the floor covered in a sponge material, and was sparsely populated. There were only a few boys and girls exercising, punching and kicking the air or practising their elemental powers. The biggest group was a series of girls, whom he could only see the back of, although not quite together. Three of them appeared to bickering with each other. He could see one girl with long black twin-tails, one with a shoulder length ponytail of fiery red hair but he couldn't quite see the third. He could make out her hair was light brown but nothing else.

The other three were composed of a tall girl with short ebony-black hair, a girl with a thick, yet short, brown ponytail and a third with mid-length straight purple hair. These three were talking to a fourth member whom he couldn't he. Upon wondering who the person was his answer as the fourth member jumped after a ball of white. Upon seeing the figure, rise in the air, Saku recognised straight away who it was...himself.

Saku saw himself jumping and was rapidly twirling forward, after the ball thrown, and upon reaching it uncrossed his legs, forging a Big red X, before shouting "X-BLASTER!!!" a beam of red shot out the centre, flying through the air and striking the floor. Saku saw himself land and then become mobbed by everyone around before backing away and leaning against the wall

"What is this I'm seeing? Is it a memory? No...I don't recognise any of them or least they should feel familiar. In-fact this whole place is completely strange. It does feel nostalgic...yet at the same completely foreign. Like I don't belong here...or will never come here" it was at that moment a bright light attracted his attention and upon looking saw a large double purple door.

Saku looked upon the light Lilac door, his senses almost urging him to go it. As if involuntarily he stepped to the arched double purple door, which opened outwards to reveal a purple corridor. Saku stepped to this doorway but looked back onto the hall "I feel like I don't belong here...or ever will. This place should at least feel a tad familiar if it was a memory. Yet at the same time if it was a future...it would feel more comforting" seeing no reason to stay he stepped through the doorway in the light.

Saku was now upon a tall hill...looking upon a ravaged town. The town which he looked upon was like a very advanced city from Earth...only smoke, fires and screams seeped out of it. It was basically just a big mess and Saku could see tiny figures fleeing from this town "What the heck is this place? What's going on?" a quick search of the area showed the city was surrounding by grass...basking in a faint purple glow. Upon looking upwards...he saw an object in the sky.

Saku saw a giant purple moon high in the sky with a slight black dimple at the front. It didn't look foreboding or scary...but strangely familiar. As he looked upon it "What the heck is that? It's large but feels quite friendly. Compared to the last place this feels...like I should know it"