Arc 2 - Chapter 34: The Dark Request

It was now the evening towards the night and soon it would be the next morning and the restart of Stage 3...before then though Saku and a few friends were relaxing in the open baths. Emiko, Aeron and Katsia were relaxing in the pool while Saku and Angel were outside. Saku was stood on a chair fixing up Angel's hair as he patted it down and used a soft brush to lightly stroke her hair.

Angel sort of purred to each head-rub Saku did "Your hair is really soft Angel" said Saku gently patting it down "What kind of shampoo do you use?"

"I'll loan you some" she said happily "Ahhh-ah-ah..."

"You're nearly purring like a cat"

"You should hear Aberline...you massage her back and she becomes one big fluffy kitty, though compared to me she isn't a big fan of water. Not that she doesn't like getting wet...it's more when you dry it, poof she becomes one big cloud"

"I'd like to see that" said Saku who gently tied her hair "And there you go. I put your hair back into that ponytail, it was a bit difficult with how thick your hair is but I managed" Angel reached behind and felt her ponytail

"Thank you so much...it's nice how you do this"

"It's no worry"

Angel sat next to him "Well...we begin Stage 3 again tomorrow, you're a bit lucky...you don't fight till day 5 from now"

"Hopefully I'm all grown up by then. Wait how do you know" said Saku "Oh yeah you read the list, did it say who fights who in what order?"

"Hmm...Zak'ryon is first, he's tomorrow. Me and Katsia are the day after with Katsia in the morning and me in the afternoon. Day 4 is Leyla and Aeron, then the day after is you"

"I really am hoping I'm not a kid by then...otherwise I'd have to fight like this"

"That would be a problem, but then again I imagine your opponent would be too hesitant to fight you...it could be an advantage"

It was then Aeron emerged in her bathing suit "Saku...we three are now sufficiently bathed, would you like join us..." she then added bashfully "brother?" 

"Oh...am I alright Angel?" he said looking to her who patted his shoulder

"We're coming Aeron" said Angel nodding "he was just fixing my hair beforehand" Aeron nodded and headed back inside "Saku...mind if I have a quick word?"

"Is it about Aeron?"

"It is...but I can't quite tell you everything, it's more of a species secret" Saku nodded "To Aeron...the bond she has with you is very important to her. Its something she's been looking for with great importance"

"Really?"

"I can't tell you anymore...but be honest with her, and I mean honest alright?"

"Alright, sure"

The next day came and the fight was in full swing. Zak'ryon with dark fists and feet summoned from thin air was duelling a kangaroo like male with bent forward legs, tail, ears and pound wearing a brown t-shirt and had dark hair. Ironically he was using an aura-boomerang and duelled with an aura mallet which he used to smash the ground.

Zak'ryon though in aggravation summoned a dark hand to grab the jumping fighter and smashed him into the floor. The opponent though would rapidly kick his hands with his spring-loaded legs and get out of it, leaving Zak'ryon to flinch "This one seems to be proving troublesome" said Katsia watching from the stands "or at least semi-annoying"