Chapter 46: Fractured Shell

The Damnation blaster Level 4...had been beaten. Saku's own strong will, triggered an explosion of power, symbolized by an aura of white and dark blue, which fired forth...the Tamashi Blaster. The blaster had not only beaten the Damnation blast, which dissipated due to Kid's gun fading, but now engulfed Kid in its wake. Kid just felt the beam pass through him, feeling no sensation of pain...just his body becoming heavy and limp. Although the Damnation's gravity effect, having now disappeared, had pushed people down...that didn't stop them watching the event.

All eyes were upon Saku who fired his aura in a steady stream by his arm. Shais looked quite amazed by his display "What power. I didn't think he had this much still tucked away"

"You and me both" said Zak'ryon "it just seemed to explode out of him...and it still is. It's like it never ends"

"It's really...pretty" said Leyla looking at the aura itself "It looks really strong...yet not scary at all"

"I really share your opinion Leyla" said Aeron up "A display of great power yet elegant beauty...is not often seen. His light...reminds me of the aurora of dawn from the sun which sets behind the land. Shais tell me...is this power like that of the divine shell I heard of"

"In terms of sheer strength and output no" said Shais "However...It isn't too far off though"

More closer to the event was Angel and Emiko who watched with widened eyes. Angel looked awestruck "That light...it feels so...bright and pure. To think...this was inside him all along"

"I knew...this was inside him somewhere" said Emiko with a light smile "I could feel it...on occasion through his words. It felt...strong"

"And...what does it feel like now?" it was then that Emiko noted something peculiar "Emiko?"

"His heart...I can...feel it"

"Huh...what do you mean?"

"It's open. His heart...is open. That's how...I can see it" Angel just looked back to Saku.

The power that had once raged out of Saku...now began to relax. Saku simply brought back his arm, standing still and calm while his aura stop rising. Thus resulting in the stream, which held Kid in place, ceasing which made him limply fall down through the air. For Saku his aura now petered out and but rose in a last wave, carrying a ripple of dark blue with it. The ripple blew upwards round Saku and went through his hair, making him lift his head, before being dispersed into the air above him.

As Saku brought his head back down, the dark-blue ripple had now appeared to have coloured his hair. Saku now had a short streak of Dark blue, Centre-front, about 3 inches, from his fringe. Saku didn't feel tired, precisely anyway, but instead severely drained of all his energy. As he stood, he then remembered the wound on his shoulder, which even throbbed as if to remind him.

Saku held his shoulder, gritting his teeth while a moderate crash signalled Kid's eventually landing on the ground. He walked to where Kid had landed, holding his shoulder, to see him on his back...conscious but very still. Kid strangely looked uninjured, with only scuff marks, but like Saku completely drained. Only for Kid...he was very tired physically too.

Kid just looked up at Saku, barely even able to move his head, and spoke in a plain voice "It seems...you're will...was more tampered...then I ever imagined. How else...could you have produced...a power like that?"

"You and...me both Kid" said Saku quietly

"So...you weren't fully aware of it either? Figures" Saku asked the question...he wanted to ask