November 5th

Dear Sophia,

I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.

It’s funny how things happen. It’s funny how tiny good things are so overwhelming and massive bad things are completely irrelevant when we’re together.

Today was a massive thing for me. Just knowing you’re looking out for me and caring for me makes all the difference.

If I focus on them I can hear fireworks outside my window again. They’re not bothering me at all though. Nothing can bother me now. Everything seems perfect today. It seems so stupid to worry about anything else or let anything else get to me. You made me feel like this. You made me have a good day by wishing my day good. That’s the power you have. I really needed it today.

I realised today that Starbucks hasn’t been busier lately. They’ve taken out a few seats. That’s why it seems like it. I guess they thought they were blocking the toilets or something. Maybe a wheelchair wouldn’t have been able to fit through to the disabled toilet with all those chairs that were there before. Whatever the reason it means I’m having to get used to standing up more often.

I felt funny standing leaning against the window. I knew everyone outside could see my back and was judging me just from my back. I didn’t like it.

When you came past me on the way in I wanted to make sure you didn’t worry when you looked over and I wasn’t in my normal spot. I moved over to nearer the door. I let you get your drink and then made sure I was next to you on your way out. I asked if you were alright. I was worried you might be worrying I wasn’t where I usually am. You smiled and looked relieved to see me. You let me know that you were good and you thanked me. You told me to have a nice day. You didn’t wish it or hope for it. You told me to. It was like an order. A loving order. I had to have a nice day. You told me to.

The woman I love had let me know she was doing well. The woman I love had let me know how much she cared about me. She had looked right at me and smiled. I hope you see how wonderful that is for me.

I love you Sophia. The fireworks still aren’t bothering me. The cold on the walk home didn’t get to me at all. I wanted to think of a way I could repay you and make you happy the way you make me happy. Then I remembered that you came up to me. You walked right up to me. You had been looking for me. You come every day to see me the way I come every day to see you. You must feel everything is perfect just the way I do. It’s a real relief to think you’re as happy as I am. I feel so lucky that we found each other. I love making you smile.

Have a good day. I love you.

Yours,

Andrew