January 30th

Dear Sophia,

I love you.

I feel so much calmer today.

I don’t know how people ever argue in relationships. It’s just so stupid if you’re really in love.

I slept much better last night. I’m definitely not ill anymore. I can’t even imagine being ill when I feel like this. When I looked in the mirror this morning my face was still a bit red but I can’t feel it at all anymore. I tried to wash well this morning so I’d look healthier when you saw me. I couldn’t make the red go down. After a while I realised it was stupid to worry. As long as we’re together that’s what matters.

It was brighter today. Everything felt brighter today. I don’t know why people get so stressed about things and let things bring them down. I guess they don’t have what we have to keep them going.

I walked into town slowly today. I gave myself plenty of time to make it. I could feel the sun on my arms. Riding through the rain on my bike feels like something that happened to a totally different person. I can’t imagine my arms cold and shivering.

I sat down in Starbucks and had a really sweet drink. It’s not usually my kind of thing at all but it felt nice today. It kind of tasted of caramel but it didn’t have any sauce or anything like that on it so I don’t think it was too unhealthy. I’m not sure how they made it to be honest. I wasn’t paying attention. I was trying to decide on the best seat.

I decided to sit up on one of the high chairs near the door so that I’d be able to see the sun shining down on everything. It was really nice feeling the warmth through the glass while I had my drink.

I saw you long before you reached the door. I looked up and the sun was shining right behind you and it looked like you had a halo. It was funny to see all that light coming off your head. That’s pretty much how I see you anyway.

I swiveled on my chair when you came in to watch you get your drink. On your way out when your phone started ringing you were right next to me. You looked right at me before you looked down at your bag. I know you were sorry someone else was tearing you away from me.

It was funny because I could see you through the glass on the phone. I know you weren’t really paying attention to what they were saying. You looked back through the glass at me a few times. I was trying not to lip read. It’s funny that we both couldn’t stop looking at each other even though you were meant to be talking to someone else.

Whoever was on the other end of the phone obviously didn’t care that they were holding you up. I was glad when you hung up on them. You don’t want to come back to work late from going to get a coffee. You don’t want a reputation as someone who can’t be relied on to be where they’re needed.

When you started walking away I saw you put your phone back in your bag. The sun was over your head again and I couldn’t see you very well anymore. I was pleased you were walking back towards the sun. I hope it kept you warm while I couldn’t see you.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew