December 1st

Dear Sophia,

I love you. I woke up today full of energy. I had a really good idea.

This week I’ve noticed how much stuff is just sitting around the house that I don’t need and don’t even use. It’s just stuff. Stuff is everywhere and it’s pointless. It’s not really my stuff just because it’s in my house anyway. It’s just stuff that’s in my house. It doesn’t matter. It doesn’t affect anything that’s important.

I thought I could show you how responsible I can be by taking charge of things like this. The best thing about it is I can get the house nicer and make space for when we’re living together.

In the living room there were a few display plate type things I’ve never really understood. They had pictures of gardens on them. We never ate off them. They just sat in their stands. They were up on the dresser and the first thing I did was take them down. There were also a few half used candles in old candle holders I’d never even really paid attention to before.

It’s funny that when something is in the same place all the time it just becomes part of the background and you don’t even notice it anymore. I walked round with a bin bag and put anything we won’t need in it. When it was full I just left the bag in the shed.

I had a few old toys under my bed. They used to be fluffy but they just looked mouldy. I got rid of those too. They were probably really unhygienic to have around. They had black bits on the fluff and I couldn’t tell if it was because the colour had faded or they had ink on or something. There was one lion toy I don’t evenremember having. It didn’t look good.

The place already feels a bit lighter. It feels like there’s room for you here now. It was more calming than I thought it would be getting rid of all that stuff. I think you’ll think the house looks much better now.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew