December 27th

Dear Sophia,

I love you.

I missed you today. I came out just in case. I kind of assumed you’d have the whole week off but still I’d have kicked myself if I’d missed you.

I’m completely done with Christmas. It’s over. I put the tree away this morning. I managed to get it back in the box and up in the loft again. I left it right where it was before so it’ll be easy to get it out for next year if we want it. Maybe it would be nice to get a new tree though. Our own one. We could clear out the loft properly and make room for all our things.

I am ready for next year now. Christmas is gone but there are still some days in the way. Days are keeping us apart. I want normal life to come back so we can start planning our life together properly. Every day when the world is still revolving around Christmas is a day when things aren’t getting back to normal.

Starbucks was crazy busy. It’s sad when my last couple of memories of being in there aren’t of being with you. It’s our place and I don’t want to associate it with awful noisy people.

Everyone was so manic. I don’t know why they were in such a hurry. It’s ages until Christmas. If anything now is when they should be the most relaxed about shopping.

All the new adverts have started now. They say everything people bought before Christmas is cheaper now. So now they can buy it all again. Apparently a good way to save money is to buy an expensive digital camera you don’t need. I’m so glad you’re so sensible with money. We’ll save so much by not getting sucked in by things like that. It’ll mean we have more to spend on things we want to do together.

Those people probably spent all their December wages on Christmas stuff and will have already spent all their January wages in the Christmas sales before they’ve even been paid again. And somehow they’ll think it’s a bargain. They’ll think it’s saving money. It’s weird that they get in this competition with all the other shoppers. They want to rush out and get the bargains before everyone else gets them. They don’t seem to get that they won’t have lost anything if they don’t get anything.

It’s just odd to me. I don’t get it. I don’t need to buy a new T.V because a red flashing advert came up on my old T.V telling me it’s cheaper than it was two weeks ago. When you don’t get sucked in by stuff like that you see how silly it is. People can convince themselves things are so important.

I’m only worried about how long it’ll last. I’d hate for you to come back to work and for us to not be able to see each other because Starbucks was so busy.

I’m trying not to think about the fact that it could be another week until I see you. The weekend is coming up again already. I’m back to knowing what day of the week it is at least. Over Christmas I always lose it for a bit. I’ll have to find a way to get through the weekend if I can’t see you. At least it’s nearly new year now.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew