November 30th

Dear Sophia,

I love you. Yesterday was kind of funny. I feel ok about it. I’m glad it happened. I am.

When I woke up I realised I never bothered to get the necklace back. It was pretty stupid of me as the staff there could have just kept it themselves. They definitely don’t deserve it. I’ve only ever had them be rude to me and I’ve seen them being creepy towards you too.

I went back to Starbucks this morning and described the necklace and asked if anyone had handed it in. It was behind the counter still and they gave it back to me.

It’s back in the box it came in now. I’m going to hang onto it. If anything it seems even more romantic now it has a story behind it. It’s a part of our story. One day I’ll have the perfect way to give it to you and you’ll recognise it and remember everything that happened and we’ll laugh about it and you’ll realise how romantic it’s all been. It’s not a problem it didn’t work out. It’s definitely better this way. You taught me a lesson about being selfless and also gave the necklace a wonderful story.

You were with the same woman again today. She nearly slipped over on her way in. I saw you catch her arm. I thought it was really good of you. Yesterday you got her drink for her and today you stopped her falling over. She’s really lucky to know you. It’s a good reflection on the kind of person you are that you instinctively do good things like that.

To be fair to her it was really slippery outside. It’s definitely winter now. I saw the warnings on the front pages of the papers they have for people to read in Starbucks. I don’t know why they always need to announce it’s going to be cold or there’s going to be snow when it gets to winter. They don’t announce the sun is going to come out when it gets near summer. Actually thinking about it they do talk about how hot it’s going to be too. That doesn’t make sense either. It’s not news.

You always dress so sensibly that I’m never too worried about the cold getting to you. You’re not the sort of woman who dresses up to show off. You don’t think showing off is more important than being warm. That’s not always enough to keep safe though. I hope you’ve had your car checked out and you keep an eye on the ground when you’re walking back to the office. The winter can get you in lots of ways.

Outside Starbucks the ground is a weird kind of stone that always seems to be a bit wet and it wouldn’t take much for someone get injured on it. Especially the way people hurry around when it’s cold. I know I don’t really need to tell you this though. You’ve probably been telling your friend exactly that after you saved her earlier. I just want you to know while you’re looking after someone else I’m looking after you.

Take care please.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew