January 22nd

Dear Sophia,

I love you. I’m so pleased you’re back. I’m not worried about the news anymore because I know exactly where you are.

I hope you’re pleased you’re back too. I know it must be boring to be back at work. It was funny seeing you in your hat and scarf today. I’ve never seen you so wrapped up before.

I almost felt a bit guilty that I live somewhere so cold. It’s like you have to put up with the bad weather to see me.

There was one girl I saw today who was wearing tiny shorts but a big wooly hat. I don’t get that at all.

I bet it’s so different to your holiday here. In Australia right now I bet it’s really warm. I bet in South America they’re not all wearing hats and scarves and gloves and loads of layers. I hope it wasn’t too disappointing when you got off the plane and realised how cold it still is here. At least you got to escape it for a couple of weeks.

I bet it was really nice walking along the beach. I bet it was nice wearing a bikini or shorts and not having to worry about coats and things like that. I bet even at night you didn’t need to wear a jacket. You could just enjoy summery drinks and ice-creams and things like that.

I know you’d rather be with me somewhere cold than somewhere sunny but miles away from me.

It’s sensible you’re wrapping up well. I don’t want you getting ill. You’ve got a big move coming up. I don’t mind if I have to look after you. I don’t mind doing all the work. I just hope you’re not ill when you move in because I think you’ll enjoy it more if you’re feeling good.

I keep having to blow my nose. I use one tissue and then I have to go get another one straight away. It’s really annoying. I don’t think I’m coming down with anything. I don’t feel bad at all. It’s just one of those things. It’s impossible to feel bad when I’m seeing you anyway.

I’ll try to make sure I sleep lots tonight. I think that’s what you’re meant to do. It gives your body the best chance to fight off any illness. It’s funny that your body just knows what to do when you’re ill. You just have to leave it and let it do the work.

That’s why me eating healthier and getting in shape is so important. It’ll help me not get ill. I especially don’t want to ever make you ill. I’d feel so guilty if I had a cold and I gave it to you.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew