September 29th

I love you.

I miss you.

I’m so stupid sometimes. I didn’t even realise it was Saturday today. Of course you don’t work at the weekend. You have a proper office job. You work nine to five on weekdays and have much better things to do at the weekend than go and get coffee in town.

It’s a shame though. I woke up extra early this morning. I’d had a dream about you and couldn’t get back to sleep. I was at Starbucks by the time it opened. I’ve never been there at opening time before. I’m not usually up by then.

I sat patiently waiting for lunchtime and I could feel myself getting kind of nervous for when you came in. It wasn’t bad nerves though. More excited than nervous. I was struggling to sit still.

When it got to 12 I made sure I didn’t take my eyes off the door. I didn’t want to miss a second of you. At two I started to wonder whether you could’ve been having a late lunch or something. Then a whole load of kids came through the door together. They weren’t in school uniform and that was when I realised. I hope you don’t think I’m stupid because of that. I don’t want you worrying you’re going to end up with somebody stupid. I’ve just been so excited about us that I’ve kind of forgotten to worry about anything else. I just completely lost track of what day it was.

I had nothing else to do anyway. I only wanted to see you. I decided to sit there until it closed just in case you did show up. It was pretty busy and I started to get annoyed at all the other women in there who were trying really hard to make everyone look at them. I guess they know they can’t match up to the natural beauty you have. They all had excessive cleavage and short skirts and high heels and loads of make up and fake tan and weird colours in their hair. It never looks good. None of it looks human. It could never be beautiful because it’s not real. That’s the difference. You are just you and you are beautiful. Only real things are beautiful.

In a weird way I’m pleased you didn’t come in. It’s nice to know you have other things to do with your time. It’s nice to know you don’t have to have coffee to get through every day.

Of course you don’t rely on coffee. You’re a successful woman and you don’t rely on things like that. There’s no way you’d be able to look so perfect if you fell into traps like that. If you need something else to get you through the day then you’re clearly not enough on your own. That’s not you though. You’re more than enough. You’re perfect.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew