February 12th

Dear Sophia,

I love you. I love you.

I’m so happy. I can’t believe it. This is the last night without you. It’s the last night we’re not spending together. It’s so nearly Valentine’s now. I can’t wait to wake up with you and have the most perfect Valentine’s in the world.

I heard you say it too. I heard you on the phone. I saw you come in looking all distressed. You looked just as impatient as I felt. I got in the queue after you. I wanted to be close to you. I wanted to help you get through the last few hours.

I could hear you talking on the phone. I heard you say you couldn’t wait for today to be over. You sounded like you really meant it. You sounded almost angry that you have to wait until tomorrow to move in. I completely understood. It’s so close now Sophia. Try not to worry. If we can sleep tonight this is our last sleep without each other.

I knew it would be a waste of time to sit around all afternoon moaning about not being with you. You were back at work trying to distract yourself. I had to find something to do too.

I went and bought some nice wrapping paper for your presents. I think just having a present sitting waiting for you isn’t as nice as having it all wrapped up and presented to you.

When I got in I did loads more stuff too. I had so much energy. I hoovered the whole house. I spent ages trying to work out the best way to get the corners of the carpet. I moved everything around to make sure I didn’t miss any of the floor.

I even cleaned the shower. I did it properly with some surface cleaner stuff I found under the sink in the kitchen.

It looks so much better now. It didn’t look dirty before but now it looks brand new. Like a hotel. It still looks like a home though. Sometimes when things are too white and clean they can look a bit cold and nothingy. It’s not like that. It’s a home. It’s our home.

I couldn’t work out if the smell of the cleaning stuff was making me dizzy or I was just so excited that I couldn’t concentrate. It’s a good job I didn’t get a caffeine drink at Starbucks or I would’ve been out of control.

I can’t believe this is the last night I’ll have without you. Tomorrow I’ll have all your presents ready for you. Tomorrow night we’ll be together at last. Then we’ll wake up next to each other and have the most romantic Valentine’s day anyone’s ever had.

I know what I’m going to wear tomorrow already. I tried on pretty much all my clothes. Nothing smart felt right so I decided on what I was wearing when we met. I think you’ll like that.

I wrapped up the necklace for you. I’ll bring that with me. I bet you laugh when you get it. It’ll finally be yours to keep. I wrapped the dress up too but I’m going to leave that for when you’re back here as an extra surprise. I didn’t fold it to wrap it up so it’ll still be in perfect condition.

I think that’s everything Sophia. We don’t need anything else. Everything is perfect. Tomorrow everything will be perfect.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew