November 27th

Dear Sophia,

I love you. You’re everything I want. It’s the best feeling to have something to concentrate on and someone to love.

I think that’s why I’ve been struggling to really get into the bible. I can’t let go of my love for you and accept anything else. I already have you and you’re like an anchor in my life that holds me in place and keeps me safe. I guess I worship you in a way I could never worship anything else because nothing else makes me feel the same.

What’s made it more difficult for me with the bible is knowing that lots of the really awful things that have happened happened because of religion. People have done terrible things in the name of whatever they believe in and they’ve done it thinking it’s for the best. I don’t think I’d ever feel comfortable feeling like I was on the same side as something that had an evil history like that. That’s why I put my faith in us. Our story has only happiness in it and it will only ever have happiness in it. That’s why I was relieved when I noticed you weren’t wearing the cross bracelet again today. Maybe the cross isn’t as important to you as I thought it was. You were wearing a nice kind of silvery bracelet today. It’s much prettier than the cross one.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew