December 28th

Dear Sophia,

I love you so much. I love you and you love me. Andrew loves Sophia. Sophia loves Andrew.

I didn’t hold out much hope this morning. I’m so stupid sometimes. I don’t know why I ever let myself doubt you. You never let me down. I can’t wait for us to live together. I’ll never be able to worry again.

You were even a bit early today. You must’ve been even more excited than I was. You brought in loads of sunshine with you. It was better than Christmas. You looked like you’d had a relaxing few days. You looked like you ate well and rested well and had a nice time. I don’t mean you looked like you’d put on weight. Not at all. You looked beautiful.

I’m pleased you had a nice Christmas this year. It makes me excited to think how happy you’ll be next Christmas when we’re together. That was our last Christmas apart. It’s such a relief. I’m glad you weren’t too upset that I hadn’t got everything sorted for us to spend Christmas together.

I know you missed me. I know when you woke up you would’ve wanted me there. I know you would’ve wanted me to give you presents even though you said I shouldn’t. I know you would’ve told me off for it even though you loved them really. I know you would’ve wanted to sit down with me at the table and eat the dinner I’d cooked for us. I know you would’ve wanted to curl up on the sofa with me and watch T.V. I know you would’ve wanted to get in bed together full of food and totally happy. That’s the last time our Christmas won’t be like that.

We can have your parents round for Boxing Day or something if you feel bad about not being with them at Christmas. On Christmas day I want it to be just us though.

I’m glad you don’t have to meet my family. That’s part of my old life. That’s all unhappiness. That’s all stuff I don’t want to remember. That’s nothing to do with you. You couldn’t be more different from all that.

I love you Sophia. You looked so beautiful today. By next Christmas you’ll probably be even more beautiful than you are now. That doesn’t even seem possible. I can’t wait. I’m going to start getting everything perfect for us living together. It’ll be a new life for both of us. I just can’t wait. You made me so happy today I can’t even imagine how happy I’ll be once we’re together all the time.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew