February 4th

Dear Sophia,

I love you. I missed you. It was so good to see you. You looked beautiful. I can’t wait for Valentine’s day.

I think today is the first time new decorations in Starbucks haven’t annoyed me. Don’t get me wrong I still think they looked stupid. Everything was pink and red and love hearts. It just reminded me that our Valentine’s day is soon. That’s a good thing. It won’t be pink though and we won’t have stupid cookies. I don’t think anyone thinks that stuff is romantic really.

I remember at school it used to be this really big deal. For Valentine’s they used to have this thing where kids could send cards to each other and they would get brought into the classroom and given to whoever they wanted. It was really mean and unfair because it was just a big popularity contest. I never sent any cards because I knew I was waiting for someone special. I remember once this kid sent himself a card but everyone could see it was his handwriting in it. Everyone laughed at him. It was really sad.

I never got sent any cards and I was happy about that. I didn’t want those kids to notice me.

This will be my first real Valentine’s day. I don’t want a card or anything like that I just want you. I just want you forever. I don’t need to show off in front of everyone else about having you. Just having you is enough.

Roses don’t have anything to do with it. Chocolates and cuddly toys and all that stupid stuff have nothing to do with how I feel about you. I can’t think of anything less romantic really.

You looked so beautiful today. I didn’t mind that you weren’t in for long. We both know we’ll be living together soon. I don’t need to see you that much this week as long as I know you’re ok. I just need to check in with you to make sure everything is on track. I’m so excited. I feel like all my dreams are about to come true at once.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew