December 11th

Dear Sophia,

I love you.

Today it kind of felt like I couldn’t get to you. There was too much going on. It felt like there was too much stuff between us. Usually there’s just you and me but today everything seemed to get in the way.

I feel cheated. I think that’s what it is. I feel wronged. I don’t care about getting robbed or anything like that I just feel like I had a deal with the world and the world cheated me. I was leaving the world alone and it was meant to leave me alone. I wasn’t forcing people to do anything. I was just being me. That wasn’t enough apparently. The world wanted to get to me. It broke my window and forced me to make lots of phone calls and talk to the police and worry about lots of things.

There’s a board over the broken bit of the backdoor at the moment. They’re sending someone out to fix it properly tomorrow. They told me it’ll be early in the morning but you never know when they’ll come really. If he’s not here at lunchtime I’m going to come see you anyway. I’m not just going to wait around.

Everyone I saw today annoyed me. I just can’t trust anyone I see. Any one of them could be the person who decided to do that to me. The worst thing is I have to walk around feeling all uncomfortable while the burglar is just out there being a normal person. I bet he doesn’t even feel like a bad person. He’s probably out there buying something in a shop smiling politely while I have to walk around suspicious of everyone because of what he did to me.

When I saw you I tried to imagine us living somewhere else. I’m not sure where we could move to really. Down South West is meant to be nice but I bet they have just as much crime as we do. It probably just doesn’t make the news as much because they’re not as near to London as we are. I don’t think the way of life down there would suit us really anyway.

This will still be our first home together. I can’t let one person throw off all our plans. If I do then they win. We can’t let that happen.

Once we have our dog it’ll be much easier for us to know if there are suspicious people outside. It’ll be impossible for someone to come in without the dog noticing. The dog will love you and want to protect you. It’ll be so nice when we have our dog.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew