October 7th

I love you.

I think I miss you most when I wake up.

I didn’t sleep well last night so I was still really tired this morning. I took ages actually getting out of bed. I just couldn’t find the energy.

When I got up I took a shower and walked back to Tesco. It was pretty quiet so I managed to get in and get the eggs and get out without any hassle this time.

I tried to fry one when I got in. I had a rough idea of how it works. You see it on T.V all the time. It came out ok I think. It stuck to the pan a bit though and didn’t quite look right. I’ll look up what else people do with eggs too so I can offer you anything you might want.

After cooking I just wanted to go back to sleep and dream about you. My body felt totally drained. All day I’ve just been watching the clock hoping it’s closer to tomorrow. Tomorrow we’ll be back together again. I feel empty if we’re not together.

Once I read this thing about how people have lots of extra senses they don’t really know about. I do kind of believe there are lots of odd things like that that are true.

When I got back into bed this afternoon I had this feeling. I felt like I was being watched. I could feel eyes looking at me. It made me really uncomfortable.

It wasn’t too light out so I hadn’t bothered to close the curtains when I got into bed. After rolling around for a bit feeling really uncomfortable I sat up and saw a pair of eyes looking right at me. There was a cat on the window sill outside my room. It wasn’t sitting up staring at me like a cheesy horror film. It was just lying down with it’s eyes open. I don’t know why it was there. There are branches outside my window that I’ve realised come from trees not in my garden. I’ve never thought anything of it before but then I’ve never seen anything up there before either.

I knew I wouldn’t be able to sleep with it looking at me. I had to do something. I got up and walked towards it and it didn’t do anything. I crouched below the window and then jumped up and banged on the glass. It ran down a branch away from the window and I couldn’t see it anymore. The noise actually woke me up a bit too. It was probably a good thing. Otherwise I might have slept all the way through to tomorrow.

I’m not really a cat person to be honest. I’m definitely not a dog person either though. They have too much energy. They burst into life suddenly and you can’t control it. They just seem aimless and stupid to me. Cats seems clever at least but I’m not really sure about them either. They seem sneaky. I don’t want to feel like I’m having to out think a pet.

We had a cat when I was young. My dad picked it up from somewhere and brought it home. It was still a kitten. I didn’t have any brothers or sisters so if I was lonely I’d sit next to it and just stroke it for a while. I liked stroking it because it felt like the softest thing in the world. It didn’t do much apart from curl up on the sofa and let me stroke it. I was really young and liked how it felt so I didn’t mind it then.

The bigger it got the less I liked it. It started being less soft and started wandering away from me when I held it. My mum said it would go outside and kill birds. I never saw it happening but sometimes there would be feathers by the back door. I didn’t like the way it acted anymore. It didn’t have friendly eyes. It wasn’t as soft as it used to be.

Once I remember it was lying on my bed when I got upstairs. I went to move it off and it hissed at me. I tried to put my hand under it to move it a bit and it scratched the back of my hand. It really stung. I looked at my hand and saw these two thin red lines under my knuckles. I know the cat knew it’d hurt me because it jumped off the bed and ran downstairs. I ran after it. I found it in the garden. It was on top of the fence. I tried to get it down. It was just out of my reach. The outside air made the cuts on my hand feel really sharp. I was really really angry. I didn’t like it one bit.

That was the only cat we ever had. My dad was the one who got it and he left soon after that. I don’t think my mum ever thought to get a new cat once dad had gone. I wasn’t really sorry about that.

I think that’s what’s odd about pets. You know you only get them for a bit. You can start to love them just in time to be really upset when they die. Then you have to replace them. One of the neighbours round here has had a dog his whole life. He has one dog and then one day off it goes and he just gets another one and starts again. That’s weird to me. It doesn’t seem right.

When we have kids if you want a cat or a dog though I guess that could be nice. We could take the dog out for walks and the kids could play with the cat. Or we could get a parrot or something exotic like that. I bet you know what the best thing to have with kids around would be. I don’t really know much about things like that.

I just can’t wait to see you.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew