February 8th

Dear Sophia,

I love you.

The calendar warned me that we wouldn’t be together today but the calendar can’t tell me that you’re safe and ok. I knew I had lots to do and I didn’t want to spend all day worrying so I decided to ease my mind a bit.

I went back on the Wade website and saw they had a phone number listed. I called up and asked if Sophia was in yet. The woman said she’d seen Sophia come in. Then she asked me if I meant Sophia in Human Resources or Sophia upstairs. I asked which one she’d seen come in and she said Sophia in Human Resources. I said I needed Sophia upstairs. She said she’d put me through to reception upstairs. Another girl answered. I asked if Sophia was in. She said she was and she’d put me through. That was all I needed so I hung up. I didn’t want to bother you. I didn’t know which Sophia was you but I knew you were definitely in at least. That was enough. I could relax knowing you were safe at work.

I went straight into town after that to keep myself busy. It wasn’t raining so I could walk around a bit without worrying about getting ill.

I went and picked up the dress. You definitely don’t need to know how much it was. It’s not something we should buy every week but I think for next week it’s definitely worth it. I don’t want you thinking about how much I spent. That’s not the point.

I worked things out a bit better money wise. I think we’ll be fine for a while as long as we don’t have kids too soon. I’ve promised to start working when we have kids anyway so that’s not anything to worry about. We both know I don’t go back on my promises to you. We can face anything together anyway. Once you’re moved in then we can worry about everything else.

The point is you’re not to focus on how much I spent on you. That’s not why I got you the dress. I got it as a present because I think you’ll like it. I don’t want you just thinking about how expensive it was so forget about that please.

I brought the dress home in a plastic case the woman had put it in. I carried it over my shoulder all the way home so that I didn’t have to fold it. It wasn’t raining at all so I didn’t have to worry about that either. I just know you’re going to love it.

I went back into town just to check in at Starbucks. It was crazy busy. For some reason I think it gets busier on Friday. I walked in and went around and couldn’t see you anywhere.

It’s good to know you don’t need to have coffee there every day now. I remember reading once that it’s a good healthy thing to have days off from drinks like that. You’re very sensible. Once we live together we’re not going to be meeting at Starbucks anymore anyway so there probably won’t be any reason for you to go there.

I waited for a while and then decided it was safe to leave. I wasn’t really expecting you to come in and I had other things that needed to be done anyway.

I wanted to make sure the house had everything in ready for when you move in. I went down to Tesco. I checked the list. I think I got pretty much everything. Except they didn’t have any bananas. I’ll go back and get those though don’t worry.

Apples

Oranges

Chips

Chicken breast

Red wine

Pasta

Bread

Rosemary

Potatoes

Spaghetti

Bolognese Sauce

Tinned tomatoes

Corn flakes

Carrots

Onion

Peppers

Cheese

Butter

Baked beans

Sweetcorn

Soy Sauce

Milk

Chocolate

Crisps

Cod

Bacon

Sausages

I’ve put all the food away now. I feel the best I could feel on a day where I didn’t get to see you. I think doing all these things for us made me feel like you were with me a bit.

I’ve hung the dress on the back of my door. I put your picture up above it to get an idea of what you’ll look like in it. You’ll definitely look beautiful.

Usually the weekend is just this big empty thing where I count down the hours until I see you again. This weekend there’s lots to do though so I’ll be able to keep myself busy.

I need to get the house ready for you. I’ve been so worried recently about making sure that you’re ok I’ve not really thought about getting the house right. It’s lucky I’ve got this time really. Everything needs to be perfect.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew