December 14th

Dear Sophia,

I love you. I love you. I’m so tired. I’m just really really tired. I’m sorry if this doesn’t make sense. I can’t settle right. I just feel nervous but not about anything. I don’t even know if I feel good or bad about today. I just want to go to sleep.

Seeing you did help a bit. I know it did. I don’t want you thinking you didn’t help. Seeing you was like a blast of sun through a fog. Now I’m home again though it’s dawning on me that I don’t have you for the next couple of days. I’m on my own. I’m all on my own. I’m just getting more and more worried because all I need is you and I don’t have you and all I need is sleep and I know I won’t be able to sleep.

I was up all night again. I just couldn’t sleep again. The noise was too much for me. I started to think maybe if I could work out what every single noise was then I’d be able to relax a bit. It didn’t work. One drop of rain doesn’t sound the same as the next one. I don’t know if there was one dog outside or a hundred dogs. Every bark was different. Every noise sounded like something completely new and scary.

If I can’t see you then I just feel completely helpless. I feel like I’m slumped on the floor feeling groggy and the world is just jabbing me whenever it wants. It’s not my fault. I don’t know why I feel like this. I just want to see you and I can’t. That doesn’t seem fair. It’s not fair.

It was pretty empty today and I could feel everyone looking at me. It’s not my fault I looked so tired. You were in and out pretty quickly. I hope it’s because the place was empty and not because you didn’t want to be with me when I looked so bad. I know I need to sort myself out a bit. I’m sorry. I’m just struggling. It’s just really difficult. I could have done with seeing you for longer today. I think that really would’ve helped me.

I’m not moaning though. I don’t want you to think I want pity. I don’t. I’m just really confused and lost. I feel like the world is spinning and my head is spinning but not in the same direction. I just need to sleep and I just need to see you and I can’t have either of those things.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew