Arc 2 - Chapter 23: The Eventful Evening

"It was the evening time of the second day on Shalongal. After a somewhat hectic day, and dinner, things were sort of winding down. Though the citizens themselves were starting to relax to their homes...in the royal palace activity was rather high. Staff were preparing for the Ebisu clan who were due to arrive the following morning.

Saku, Eleanor with Angel and Aberline were for now in the throne room of the palace speaking with the King, Queen and the Queen's Mother. They spoke to the four of them of the plan "The hover-craft is due to arrive" said Orion "Around 9am tomorrow morning...give or take"

"Do we know how bad the damage is?" asked Aberline

"From the reports quite extensive, but not too hard to fix" said Mavis "one of their hyperdrive engines broke, and multiple small flaws have appeared in the system. It's been estimated to be fix between 24 – 36 hours"

"Boarding the Craft are around 12 individuals" said Odette "The head-clansman, his son and daughter, 8 guards and a driver/medic"

"Good relations...is the utmost concern" said Orion "Our relations are already strained...due to the karma one of our citizens imposed upon us" he said quite shamefully "So to think they are staying overnight, is a worry so Saku, may I request a favour of you?"

Saku tilted his head "If you want but...what kind of favour?"

"We'd like you...to be the goodwill ambassador" said Mavis "A neutral ground if you were to the Ebisu clan"

"You are neither Angelis or Felinayus" said Eleanor "so you should have an easier time talking with the Ebisu clan...well an easier time than me, Angel and their highnesses'"

"I'm...not the best people person you know" said Saku not trying to get out of it "I mean I won't turn it down...but I won't exactly be up front and smiley like Angel, Eleanor or Aberline"

"That's precisely why Saku" said Angel "As you told Ignis...you'll treat everyone the same, regardless of rank, so it should be best"

"What Angel says is true" said Orion "Pity, sympathy and shame are notions that are going to run high. I do ask for you to be respectful, at least, but I fear that won't be problem"

"Especially from what Ignis told us" said Odette

"Wait...Sir Ignis vouched for Saku?" asked Eleanor to which Mavis smirked

"Not...exactly"

Mavis stepped forward "It seems Saku...you and Ignis have been butting heads for the last couple days"

"Ignis asked me to hit him, so I did" said Saku "and the second time he struck me, so I struck him back. He...doesn't seem happy I'm grovelling at his feet"

"Which is more reason to why...we ask this favour of you" said Orion

"Run that by me again? Isn't Ignis like...a 'royal' noble in this town, so wouldn't me fighting him give me a bad impression?"

"It depends on how you see the full picture" said Odette who seemed hesitant to speak "Put it this way...in mannerisms we would condone your action, but not in morals"

"I'm...not sure I'm getting what you mean"

"Just act as you would" said Mavis "Of course don't get carried away but please act as you should"

Mavis approached the Princesses "Now...unfortunately for you both, during at least the meeting period you'll both have to wear royal attire" simultaneously they both groaned