Chapter 103 Part 1 - Preparations by Water

It was the late evening of the 1st day of rest, the next day the last one before the second round began. Saku and company were doing some combat training, sparring against one another. Angel was paired with Aeron, both fighting with elemental powers and weapons while Saku practised with Conductor powers with Katsia.

Leyla was somewhat run down, and rested from a sitting position watching Katsia educate Saku as he guided a torrent of water "There you go...don't control the water, create a path with your will for it to travel" Katsia rose up hand and twirled it around to make a spinning spiral

"So...like this?" Saku made a similar spiral if wider than Katsia

"That's...good enough for now, alright and ease it" and they both turned their spirals to moisture "Alright now for one last trick...then we'll call it a day. I'm trying to keep note on the tuner stressing your body"

"What should we finish with then?

"To use the water in brute force. I guarantee it'll wear you out, but it's power won't be denied"

Katsia put out both her hands, her body lightly shaking until she raised them up to summon a swirling and raging torrent before she thrust it forward to make the water fly in an arc and slam on the ground. Katsia went to one knee, panting as she did "Go ahead...you try...now"

"Then you're carrying me" said Saku grumpily "but here goes" Saku like Katsia put forward his hands, tensing his muscles before raising them up.

A Swirling pillar of water instead rose up, looking somewhat smaller, before he brought it down with moderate effect but lacking the power Katsia had. The only thing similar was Saku's energy dropped and he reverted to normal "Kinda lacking...wasn't it?" Katsia said standing up "but then again...you are constantly burning energy with those tuners"

"That's...one annoying thing" said Saku panting "I know I can use hard-hitting moves...it's the fact I'll be worn out even trying them"

"You'll just have to compromise. We'll take it from the top tomorrow afternoon"

"Alright if you say so"

Aeron and Angel both walked to them, looking both tired "I think we have all had sufficient workouts" said Aeron, her wings a little droopy

"We've only got tomorrow till round 2" said Angel "that is, Aeron only has tomorrow, she's due to fight day 1"

"I'm unaware of my time-placement but I know the day I'm due to engage in combat"

"Then...we have only tomorrow" said Saku breathing "That is to get some training done"

"You can still train on the day of my match Saku" Aeron suggested

"If anything, during that day I'll need to keep it light, so I'll watch your match and just exercise the rest of the day"

"Well then...shall we go for dinner?" asked Emiko "it's nearing that time now"

"Then let's go find somewhere to eat out" said Angel "I'm a bit too tired for cooking"

The day drew on and soon night-time descended on the Station, or rather bed-time Leyla – who Saku was letting stay with them – was getting ready with Emiko for bed as Saku prepared to go out "Where are you going Saku?" asked Emiko

"There's somewhere I need to be" he said to her "or someone I need to meet. I don't plan on being long, the swimming and training session left me somewhat worn out"