𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗬-𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧. 𝗜𝗧'𝗦 𝗔 𝗦𝗔𝗬𝗜𝗡𝗚

CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT: IT'S A SAYING

     SLEEPING wasn't something that always came easy to Inez and so she was always annoyed when her sleep was interrupted. The sound of screaming woke her up and to say the least, she was furious. She shot out of her bed, slipping on a random hoodie laying on the top of a pile of her clothes before rushing out of the dorm and down to the common room.

"What the hell is going on?" The girl asked as she approached Harry and a seemingly freaked-out Ron.

The Potter boy went to answer the older girl when the rest of the Weasley boys entered the common room.

"Excellent, are we carrying on?" Fred asked as he wrapped an arm around Inez's shoulders.

"Everyone back upstairs!" Percy announced as he pinned his Head Boy badge to his pajamas.

Inez leaned into Fred's side, the two giggling at the boy's actions. Well, that was until Ron spoke up.

"Perce, Sirius Black! In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!"

Inez felt her heart drop at the boy's words, gripping onto Fred's side as they pulled each other closer to themselves. The room around them suddenly became very still and quiet.

"Nonsense! You had too much to eat, Ron, had a nightmare-"

"I'm telling you-"

"Now, really, enough's enough!"

"Percy, just listen to him," Inez told the older boy as Professor McGonagall stormed through the portrait hole.

The woman slammed the portrait shut behind her before staring around at the group of students furiously.

"I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridiculous! Percy, I excepted better of you!"

"I certainly didn't authorize this, Professor!" The Weasley boy said. "I was just telling them all to get back to bed! My brother Ron here had a nightmare-"

"It wasn't a nightmare!" Ron shouted loudly. "Professor, I woke up and Sirius Black was standing over me, holding a knife!"

Inez looked between the boy and the professor as McGonagall seemed to not believe the third-year boy. When questioned about how it would even be possible for the mass murderer to enter through the portrait hole.

"Ask him!" Was Ron's response as he gestured to Sir Cadogan who had taken over for the Fat Lady as the portrait for the Gryffindor tower.

Despite seeming to not believe the boy, Professor McGonagall pushed open the portrait and exited the room. Inez looked between the other occupants of the room as they all waited anxiously for what would happen and be said.

"Sir Cadogan, did you just let a man enter Gryffindor Tower?" McGonagall asked the portrait.

"Certainly, good lady!"

Inez stared in shock in the direction of the portrait hole before looking up at Fred with wide eyes. She barely heard McGonagall asking Sir Cadogan about the password to get in despite her yelling. The girl was just in such shock that a mass murderer had actually managed to sneak into Hogwarts.