𝗦𝗜𝗫. 𝗘𝗫𝗖𝗨𝗦𝗘 𝗠𝗬 𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗚𝗘

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫: 𝗘𝗫𝗖𝗨𝗦𝗘 𝗠𝗬 𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗚𝗘

     INEZ sat on the floor in the back of the quinjet while Steve stood, leaning against the wall. Nat and Clint sat in the front and flew them in the direction of Stark Tower. Inez wasn't sure how the day would turn out, but she hoped that her newfound family stayed safe.

As the four got closer to their destination, Tony directed them towards where he was leading some of the Chitauri. Inez stood from her spot on the ground and held onto Steve's forearm to help calm herself. As they shot at the aliens, Nat and Clint got the jet closer to Stark Tower. On the top of the building, Inez noticed the contraption that was helping keep the portal open.

Looking towards the balcony of the building, the brunette saw Loki and Thor fighting. She began to get nervous as they were so close to the edge of the platform. Nat shot at Loki which caused him to blast the jet with his scepter. Inez felt the plane shake as she put out her arms, a protective shield being thrown around each individual on board.

"If there wasn't a possibility of death, I would be so excited right now," Inez yelled at the notice of her new skill as the jet began to fall from the sky.

"Don't talk about death," Steve shouted as he held onto a bar above him.

"Sorry!"

The jet crashed into the ground, Clint doing his best to keep away from civilians. As soon as the two in the front had their safety belts off, they opened the back hatch and the four ran out. They began running and trying to find their way to Stark Tower when they stopped. In the sky emerging from the portal, was a large centipede like creature if the bug were the length of a building.

"Excuse my language but holy shit," Inez remarked as she stared at the creature.

More Chitauri began to jump from the large creature and began attacking people in the streets and buildings. Inez watched as people screamed and ran. She wanted to help but knew that Steve had given her a direct order. Looking over to the man, Inez gave a pleading look.

"Stay out of the direct line of fire and worry about yourself before anyone else. I can't lose you kid," Steve said before pulling the girl into his side.

"I won't disappoint you grandpa," Inez smiled before running off.

Steve didn't even get the chance to respond to the girl before she was out of earshot. He sighed before talking to Stark over the comms. It hadn't occurred to any of them that Inez didn't have a comm.

The girl made a beeline towards where she saw a bus with the doors smashed closed. She looked around trying to find anything to help open the doors and groaned when there was nothing in sight. She could hear the panic from kids and began to look around for someone else to help. She saw Clint coming her way and sighed in relief.

"You break the glass or something and I'll keep them protected," Inez said as Clint rushed over to her.

"Yeah okay," Clint uttered as she moved towards the door.

When the door didn't budge, the man moved to the windows and motioned to Inez. The girl nodded and stretched her arms out, protecting the people closest to the window. Clint smashed the window in, and the glass bounced off of the protective shield around the kids. Inez began helping the man lift kids out of the window. Once there were about five of the kids out, Inez began leading the small group towards the subways.