𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘: 𝗜 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗣𝗘 𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗢𝗘𝗦

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘: 𝗜 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗣𝗘 𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗢𝗘𝗦

INEZ was anxious. More so than normal. It wouldn't be the first time she didn't listen to what an adult told her to do but this time it was different. It could end a lot worse for her than any time she had disregarded directions before now.

"Inez, you stay with Maria no matter what, alright? Stay with her where you'll be safe."

She heard Steve's voice in her head as she walked alongside Natasha who was disguised as the woman on the World Security Council, Councilman Hawley. Naturally Inez had made herself invisible so nobody could see her and she had sent an illusion of herself with Maria.

Natasha and the World Security Council met with Pierce as they all arrived at the Triskelion.

"And how was your flight?" Pierce asked the Council members as he approached them.

"Lovely," Hawley, well really Natasha, answered. "The ride from the airport, less so."

"Sadly, S.H.I.E.L.D. can't control everything."

"Including Captain America," Rockwell looked over to Pierce before turning forward once more.

The man ignored the look and instead walked to one of the guards who handed him a case. Inside the case was a set of four pins, one for each council member.

"This facility is biometrically controlled. And these will give you unrestricted access," Pierce explains to the group.

Each of the council members took a pin and put them on the front of their jackets. Inez felt that gut feeling she seemed to be getting quite a lot lately that told her that something bad would happen soon.

The group then followed Pierce to the meeting room where they would be celebrating the launch of Project Insight. They popped a bottle of champagne and poured a glass each and Pierce began to speak once again.

"I know the road hasn't exactly been smooth, and some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way. Finally, we're here, and the world should be grateful."

They all begin to drink when Steve Roger's voice is heard.

•••

STEVE, Sam, Maria and Inez's illusion approached the door of the Insight headquarters and Steve would be able to talk over the PA system and to everyone in the building. The four stood outside the door as Maria made the tech's headsets emit a sharp noise.

They heard muffled voices for a moment before the door opened and the tech stopped. Sam and Maria pointed their guns at him as they stood on either side of the father and daughter. Inez's illusion held a small ball of white energy that danced around, hovering over her hand.

"Excuse us," Steve said, causing the tech to hold his hands up and step aside.

The four entered the room and Steve sat in the tech's seat that was behind a microphone.

"Attention, all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."