𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬-𝗦𝗜𝗫. 𝗜'𝗠 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗘 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX: I'M FINE WITH THAT

     STARING at the wall was all Inez had done after getting back to the Avengers tower. She was sat on her bed, resting against the wall as she stared at the opposite one. She hadn't even changed out of her suit or taken her hair out of their braids or even washed the blood off of her hands. She had done nothing but stare at the wall, unmoving.

It scared Steve to see her like this. She looked dead with her blank expression and soulless looking eyes. After he had showered and changed, he went to check on her and he realized she was in the same exact spot he had left her in. He left and returned minutes later with a book before sitting next to her as he opened his book. He didn't want to leave her alone when he knew she was going through a lot.

Steve didn't realize it had been hours until he had finished the book he was reading and Inez had still not moved. He sighed as he reached over to grab her hand and felt helpless as he watched his daughter do nothing. She looked like a statue, barely being able to tell she was breathing.

After another ten minutes Steve stood from the bed and left the room. He soon returned with Natasha who frowned at the state of the girl. She agreed to help the blonde super soldier and walked toward the connected bathroom to run the bath water. Steve lifted Inez in his arms, carrying her to the bathroom and setting her on the counter. He took her boots off and left the bathroom to lay out some comfier clothes for her.

"Hey sweetie," Nat said as she stood in front of Inez who still had yet to even blink. "I'm going to get you in the bath but first I need to take your suit off."

The redhead got no response and sighed before undressing the girl and carrying her to the bathtub. She washed the blood off of Inez's hands and face before washing her hair and draining the tub. She dried the girl off before going into her room and grabbing the clothes Steve had picked out, dressing the girl. It was a difficult task but Natasha did it, nonetheless. Inez needed to be taken care of especially since she couldn't do it herself at the moment.

Once she had finished getting Inez dressed, Nat called Steve back in and he carried his daughter to her bed. He sat behind her as he brushed out her hair. His phone sat on the bedside table, playing music in the background. The song "Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon started playing as Steve began braiding Inez's hair out of her face. He sang along quietly to the song, thinking about how he wished he could do something, anything to help the girl in front of him. He wished he knew how to take all her hurt and pain away. All he wanted was for her to be happy but he didn't know how to make that happen.

He knew Christmas was coming up soon and hoped that she would at least be coherent for it. It had always been her favorite time of year and he didn't want it to pass by without her getting to experience it again. He knew it could possibly cheer her up but he just had to figure out a way to get her to become responsive again.

He laid her down on her bed so that she was laying on her side. He pulled the blankets over the girl before pressing a kiss to her forehead and leaving the room. He returned with a pillow and a blanket of his own before setting up a spot for himself on the other side of the room. He turned off the lights once he was done, laying down on the floor.

That's where Steve slept for the next few nights in case Inez needed anything. After the third day, the man decided to get into contact with Max and Conan's moms. He asked for advice and if there were any magical remedy to help Inez. They were quick to respond, telling him that they would look into the possibility of a magical remedy but also that they would bring their kids by the moment they got off the train for their winter holiday. What he didn't expect when they arrived was to also have the Weasley twins accompanying them.