CHAPTER 104

JAINA

"Is Tita Alexa here?" I asked one of their maids as I entered their house.

"Opo," she replied.

I proceeded to the living room and I found her sitting on the couch, glued to her laptop.

"Hi, Tita!" I greeted with a full smile.

"Jaina!" She stopped what she was doing and placed her laptop on the center table. "I'm glad you came to visit." She stood up to give me a kiss on my cheek.

I sat next to her. "Of course, Tita. I wanted to see you and your son. Is he here?" I roamed my eyes around to look for a sign of him.

"As usual, he's not here. For sure, nandoon na naman siya sa Klay na 'yon. You know what? I'm so tired of seeing him acting desperate with that pathetic girl. Hindi ko alam kung ano ba ang pinakain sa kaniya ng babaeng 'yon para mabaliw sa kaniya nang ganyan ang anak ko."

My smile disappeared. Just hearing her name was like getting bad news. Nakakasira ng mood. "You're right, Tita. It's strange that even Xander's friends have a thing for her," I agreed, adding a negative comment about that bitch.

"I am so frustrated with that girl. It would be better if we just talked about you and my son over a drink. What do you think?"

I nod. "Sure, Tita."

She smiled. "Great! Yaya, can you please give us some wine?" Napatingin ako sa maid na inutusan niya.

"Sige po, ma'am." The maid who promptly followed Tita Alexa's order left. And she quickly returned carrying a bottle of wine and two wine glasses.

"Thank you," Tita Alexa said as she started pouring wine into the glasses and handed me one.

"Thanks, Tita." Agad ko namang iyon tinikman at napangiti.

"So, how are you and my son doing?" she asked as she took a sip of her wine.

I sighed and said, "Unfortunately, nothing has changed. He's still mad at me and avoiding me as if I am infected with some kind of virus."

"Don't worry, Jaina. Ngayon lang 'yan. Kalaunan mare-realize rin ng anak ko na mas bagay kayong dalawa. Na nandiyan ka palagi para sa kaniya. Siguro sa ngayon, baliw na baliw pa siya sa babaeng 'yon. But trust me, it won't take long for him to realize that he should choose you over that labanos girl."

"I hope so, Tita." Muli akong uminom sa wine ko. Hindi na ako makapaghintay na mangyari 'yon. Ako lang dapat ang piliin niya at wala nang iba.

"Mabuti na lang talaga at sinira mo 'yong date nila," natutuwang usal niya kaya naman lumitaw ang ngisi sa gilid ng labi ko.

-
{ FLASHBACK }

I just finished taking a shower. I was planning to invite Kelly to go out, but she's with that Klay again. It's frustrating! She's taking everything away from me! Habang tumatagal mas lalo lang nadadagdagan ang galit ko sa babaeng 'yon!

I was in the middle of drying my hair when my phone suddenly rang. I stood up from the bed to get my phone on my study table. It was Tita Alexa calling.

Me: Hello, Tita?
Tita Alexa: Thank God! You finally answered the call! I've been calling you several times, Jaina.
Me: Ahm, I'm so sorry, Tita. Nasa shower po ako kanina. Why? What's wrong?
Tita Alexa: I need your help.

My brows are knitted. I sat back down on my bed with a cloud of curiosity in my head.

Me: Help? Is there any problem, Tita?
Tita Alexa: Yes, there is. May date sina Xander at Klay mamaya. At kailangan ko ang tulong mo para hindi matuloy 'yon.