Chapter 28:Birthday Nightmare Part 2

Amanda POV

They are still outside playing party games as they are talking about how they are doing.

"So how is everything going with you guys ? I miss you all so much."

"We miss you too, Amanda."

"I miss you all too. What are you guys doing here in California?

"I'm on vacation with my parents."

Jamie is on vacation after they move to Ohio few years ago.

"How was life in Ohio state?"

"It's been great. I kinda like it out there. It's really nice."

'Are the whole town treat you and your family well?"

"Yeah."

"That is nice, Hey Zeke. How is it going with you?"

Zeke is now 14 years old.

"Everything is going great, but my parents are not good in place right now?"

"Why?"

Amanda asked.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Come on Zeke, We are your friends. Tells us what happened?"

"My parents are getting divorce."

"Oh I'm sorry, Zeke."

"Where you live at now?"

"I live in Mininsota. My mom is a musician teacher and my dad is working at the office at NYC."

"Would u planning on visiting your dad this Summer since your parents divorced?"
" Yep and I'm going to High School in the Fall."
"That will be good for you. You will do great in high school."
"Thanks, Amanda. I will try my best."
"And then u making a new friends."
"Amanda, You guys are the only friends I got especially Katie. I don't want new friends."
"Hey speaking of Katie, where is she?"
Sean asked.
"Yeah she is been so quiet since."
"I go find her. Y'all watch my sister while she is playing."
"OK, we will."

Katie POV

She is over there watching the sunset and thinking about why her mom Maggie kept it from her from many years she tell her she had AIDS. Her eyes are started to watery.

Flashback
Katie can't believe that what Maggie had AIDS. Even Michael are in shock and can't believe it.

"You had AIDS?  But-How- how did this happened?"

"Katie ,I think you should sit down so I can tell you the truth, the real truth."

Her tears streaming down her face. She wipe away as she ready to sit down.

"Alright, fine."

Michael is behind Katie while Maggie is finally  speaking about her health battle.

"I was in a bad place, but when I was in relationship with Peter. I'm in love with him. I was happy with him. We use condoms before have sex. But then I find out he was gay. He is relationship with another man who had AIDS.I could not believe. I  was angry with him. He kept it from me for months."

"Did you get tested?"

Katie ask.

"I went to the doctor. I took the test. I was waiting from the doctor and then he told me that  I'm HIV positive, but then I had AIDS."

Michael's tears stream down his face."

"Its the same thing happened to Ryan White but he is different."