Hiccstrid Oneshots: Book 2

By 7LetterShips

Hi guys! A new Hiccstrid oneshot book with lots of fluff and angst! Updates frequently and I also take reques... More

Weak
Astrid and Zephyr
Betrothal
Not Again
He Had Her
I Promise
A Mother
Some Things Never Change
Crush
Not Nothing
It Just Does
Stubborn Haddocks
More Than Friends
Be You
Feelings
Better Off Part I
Better Off Part II
Together
Better Off Part III
Only One For Me Part I
Something Unique
Only One For Me Part II
Sleep
Nightmares
Beautiful
Sorry
Right Girl
Overprotective
Erica?!
Talented
Always a Pair Part I
Be Okay
Always a Pair Part II
Messed Up
All They Need
I Love You
Girl Talk
Love
Inferno
Blinded & Taken Part I
Blinded & Taken Part II
Count On Me
Hanging Off A Cliff
Hanging Off A Cliff Part II
Just By A Scarf
Valhalla
Scrap Metal
Avoiding
Girl Talk
Ship or Split?
Home
Ship or Split? Part II
Not Funny!
The Birth of Nuffink
Berserker Relatives
Sight
Part Of Him
Family
A/N

A Good Team

2.5K 38 0
By 7LetterShips

Hi guys! This happens during King of Dragons Part II! AU, if Toothless turns on Hiccup because of the king. Enjoy!

———————

"You never cease to amaze me, bud. You know that right?" Hiccup told Toothless, petting his head gently. The dragon warbled happily in reply and helped his rider get up.

Hiccup placed his arm around the Night fury, leaning on him to stand. "Thanks, Toothless. I'm just tired from fighting and, you know, hanging to my death" He said dryly.

Out of no where, Toothless' pupils turned into slits and he abruptly stood up straight. Hiccup fell to the ground again with an 'oof' and frowned.

"Toothless?" He called and the dragon turned to face him with a growl. Hiccup's eyes widened in fear and he backed away slowly, the egg in his arms.

"Bud?" He called again, holding a hand out to Toothless who was crawling nearer to him. Suddenly, the ground started to rumble and the King of dragons emerged from the ravine.

"Woah" Hiccup whispered softly in amazement at the dragon and slowly backed away even more. Then, the King of dragons opened his mouth to shoot an ice blast.

"WOAH!" Hiccup exclaimed this time, scrambling behind a rock and hiding from the blast. He heaved from his place and looked back up to see Toothless approaching him.

"Oh no" He muttered, moving backwards again and frowning as the two dragons looked at him.

•••

Astrid jumped off her dragon and walked over to the cave, her friends and their dragons following after her.

She looked inside to see many different entrances and turned to the gang with a determined face.

"Okay, we'll all go inside and split up to cover more ground. Dragon call if you find anything" Astrid told them and they all nodded. As they entered the cave, their dragons suddenly started to back away, shaking their heads and warbling.

"Stormfly?" Astrid called out to her dragon, stroking her head comfortingly and backing out of the cave as well. Once they were out of the cave again, the dragons started calming down.

Astrid frowned and glanced back and forth between the cave and her Deadly Nadder. "Okay, girl, you need to stay here" She said to her dragon and Stormfly squawked back.

"I think the king of dragons is telling them to stay away" Fishlegs guessed and the rest of the gang frowned.

"Why? Can't it see we are nobly trying to save his dragon behind?" Tuffnut asked, making Astrid roll her eyes and Fishlegs shake his head.

"He doesn't know that. He probably can't tell us apart from the fliers like the Dramilion" Fishelgs replied.

"Aww, that sucks" Ruffnut mumbled under her breath while Astrid's eyes widened in horror. "But wait, if he can't tell us apart and Hiccup's in there with Toothless. Oh no" Astrid realized.

"Who knows what the king will make Toothless do?" Heather added and Astrid nodded, a concern showing on her face.

"Follow the plan" She reminded them and quickly turned around, rushing into the cave. "Hiccup!" She called as she ran further inside the cave, her friends behind her.

•••

"Uhhh, bud! It's me! It's Hiccup!" Hiccup told his dragon, backing away on the floor since he didn't have enough energy to stand.

Toothless growled angrily at him and snapped forward. "WOAH! Okay, okay" Hiccup yelped, rolling away and gulping.

"HICCUP!" Astrid's muffled voice said from afar and his eyes lit up. "Astrid" He breathed in recognition and Toothless looked to where the sound came from.

The Night fury began opening his mouth to shoot a plasma blast at the wall when Hiccup's eyes widened and he yelled.

"HEY, TOOTHLESS!" Toothless looked back at him and narrowed his eyes once more. "Just keep your eyes on me, bud. Me, your best friend" Hiccup chided, trying to get his friend out of the trance and stop him from hurting anyone.

"HICCUP!" Astrid's voice shouted again, much clearer and closer to them. Hiccup and Toothless turned their heads to see her standing at an entrance beside them.

Toothless growled and recoiled back, preparing to lunge at Astrid. "NO!" Hiccup blurted out, suddenly getting an adrenaline boost and pushing her out of the way.

They both landed on the icy floor a few meters away from Toothless who hit his head on a piece of ice.

Hiccup rolled to the side and sat up, glancing back at Astrid who was already standing up and offering him a hand.

"Are you okay?" He asked her, taking her hand and getting up beside her.

"Yeah-" She panted and looked behind him at the king of dragons. "But not for long, GET DOWN!" She commanded and they scrambled behind a rock, avoiding the ice.

"What is that?" Astrid asked him, pointing to the egg in his hands. "The king of dragon's egg" Hiccup answered, making her frown in confusion.

"The king's egg?" She asked again and he shrugged. "I'm still confused too" He told her with a chuckle.

"Okay, we need a plan." She heaved, catching her breath from all the moving around. Hiccup looked around them and frowned.

"Where's everyone else?" He asked her. "Somewhere else in the caves, I told them to split up" She replied.

"Okay, so we're on our own" Hiccup stated. "Against a giant ice breathing dragon and a plasma shooting one"

"And we need a way to save the plasma one" Astrid added. "Or convince the ice one that we're not dragon fliers"

"Fun" He said sarcastically and she grinned, shaking her head at his attitude while they were in danger. "Great, I'll deal with the king and you can deal with your dragon" She declared and got up to leave.

"Woah, woah, woah!" Hiccup stammered, frowning at her plan and pulling her back down. "That dragon is huge."

"I know" Astrid nodded. "You don't even have your axe" He reminded and she nodded again.

"Yeah." She confirmed, making him sigh. "I can't change your mind, can't I?" He asked in defeat and she chuckled.

"Nope" Astrid replied and pressed her lips tp his. He kissed her back deeply and she grinned, slowly pulling away.

"Good luck" She whispered softly to him and he smiled a little back. "Be careful" He said back and they both separated ways.

"Hey!" Astrid greeted the king with a smile, both her hands in the air to show that she had no weapons on her.

"We aren't going to hurt you. I swear." She told him and the dragon growled, shooting another blast of ice which she avoided.

"But you'll hurt us, I guess" She mumbled from the ground, standing back up again.

•••

"Hey, bud" Hiccup said to Toothless who looked back at him and growled. "It's Hiccup! Your best friend." He soothed and for a second his pupils turned to the same big ones as before.

"Best friend, Toothless. I'm your best friend" Hiccup began emphasizing and repeating the words, making Toothless shake his head and slowly getting him out of the trance.

"Toothless. It's me, bud" Hiccup told his dragon, reaching out his hand. Once the hand landed on the Night fury's snout, Toothless calmed down and looked back at his rider in recognition.

Toothless leaped onto Hiccup and happily licked his face. Hiccup laughed in relief and scratched his dragon's chin.

"I knew you could do it, Toothless!" Hiccup exclaimed happily, sitting up and grinning at Toothless.

They both turned their heads when they heard the king of dragons blast at Astrid again. She easily ducked behind an ice spike and sighed heavily.

Hiccup turned back to Toothless and the dragon nodded, letting the rider climb onto his back. "Let's go, bud" He instructed and the dragon warbled excitedly, launching into the air.

•••

Astrid looked up and smiled when she saw Hiccup and Toothless flying towards her. She briefly glanced back to the king of dragons as it opened its mouth for another blast and extended her hand for Hiccup to take.

Just when the ice was about to hit her, Hiccup pulled her up and she sighed in relief from Toothless' back. She patted the dragons head comfortingly and wrapped her arms around Hiccup's middle.

"I think you got the harder job" Hiccup said to her, turning his head slightly and grinning. She grinned back and raised an eyebrow.

"You think?" Astrid asked and chuckled as he leaned in to kiss her cheek. "Or you just did yours so well" She suggested, resting her head on shoulder.

"Maybe" He joked. "Although, you did have Toothless to help you" Astrid reminded and rubbed the dragon's head, making the Night fury coo.

"Well, at least we had fun!" Hiccup said sarcastically and Astrid laughed while they landed outside.

"Astrid! Hiccup!" Fishlegs called happily as the got off. "Hey, H! Where've you guys been?" Tuffnut asked them from his dragon.

"Finding this" Hiccup told them and held out the egg. Fishlegs looked at it in wonder and squealed happily. "Is that the king of dragons' EGG?!"

"Yep." Astrid confirmed, walking over to Stormfly and rubbing her snout affectionately. "But, all I wanna do right now is that a long nap" She said to them and they nodded in reply.

"No kidding" Hiccup chuckled as they all got on their dragons again. "Okay, gang. One last time, back home to the Edge!" He told them and they all grinned back.

Hiccup glanced over at Astrid as soon as they were in the air and smiled at her. "We really do make a good team" He told her and she smiled back.

"I guess, we do" She replied and sighed happily, looking off in front of them at the sky setting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 7.6K 107
These are some Hiccstrid one-shots I created. Most are set in RTTE but I will try and tell you where. Some of them are my ideas of how they should or...
76.5K 1.4K 55
Modern Hiccstrid love story! Regular updates!!! Requests are welcome x Hope you enjoy :)
41.5K 841 39
[Hiccstrid] It's a Hiccup Leaves Berk story, but with some new twists and turns. Hiccup leaves as a runty nobody with a big secret, only to return as...
38.4K 607 23
A collection of all my modern Hiccstrid one shots, both new and from my original one shot book. Hope you enjoy!! MARKING AS COMPLETED BECAUSE I DON'T...