Hiccstrid Oneshots: Book 2

By 7LetterShips

Hi guys! A new Hiccstrid oneshot book with lots of fluff and angst! Updates frequently and I also take reques... More

Weak
Astrid and Zephyr
Betrothal
Not Again
He Had Her
I Promise
A Mother
Some Things Never Change
Crush
Not Nothing
It Just Does
Stubborn Haddocks
More Than Friends
Be You
Feelings
Better Off Part I
Better Off Part II
Together
Better Off Part III
Only One For Me Part I
Something Unique
Only One For Me Part II
Sleep
Nightmares
Beautiful
Sorry
Right Girl
Overprotective
Erica?!
Talented
Always a Pair Part I
Be Okay
Messed Up
All They Need
I Love You
Girl Talk
Love
Inferno
Blinded & Taken Part I
Blinded & Taken Part II
Count On Me
Hanging Off A Cliff
Hanging Off A Cliff Part II
Just By A Scarf
Valhalla
Scrap Metal
Avoiding
Girl Talk
Ship or Split?
Home
Ship or Split? Part II
A Good Team
Not Funny!
The Birth of Nuffink
Berserker Relatives
Sight
Part Of Him
Family
A/N

Always a Pair Part II

2.7K 59 18
By 7LetterShips

Hi guys! The next part is here and I hope you like it! Sorry that it ended in a somewhat weird place, I didn't know what else to put and it was too long.

Anyways, here's the continuation, enjoy!

———————

"Are we there yet?" Ruffnut asked Hiccup, leaning her dragon towards the auburn haired boy who shook his head.

"No" Hiccup answered, looking between where they were going and the map he held.

"Are we there yet?" Tuffnut also asked, making Hiccup sigh deeply.

"No" He said firmly in an annoyed tone.
"Are we there yet?" Snotlout questioned and Hiccup groaned in frustration.

"No! Will you stop?! You've been asking ne that for nearly an hour! Anyone who asks me that again will get hit by plasma." Hiccup told them, turning back and glaring at his friends who looked away from his angry gaze.

"Hiccup, do you think we're near?" Astrid asked him and gave him a small smile, making his heart do small back flips.

"Not yet, m'lady" He answered and returned her smile, feeling the anger he once had fade away. Toothless snorted at his rider and rolled his eyes knowingly.

"FAVORITISM! THIS IS FAVORITISM!" Snotlout exclaimed and pointed exasperatedly to the two. "NO! This is perfect for the wedding!" Ruffnut hissed at him. Astrid rolled her eyes and ignored her friends.

"Actually," Her betrothed started and he looked off into the distance before grinning back at her.

"I think we are" Hiccup said and he led them down below the clouds into a strange place. Astrid looked around the area and her eyes widened when she saw where they were headed.

"Woah" She breathed as she stared at the gigantic ice cave in front of them. Ice spikes pointed out from the cave, making it harder to get in.

Hiccup looked at the cave and then back at his friends who all gaped at it in awe. His eyes landed on Astrid and their eyes connected.

"Stay close" He told her and she nodded before they went around the cave, looking for a way inside. Halfway around, they found a small entrance and flew towards it.

The moment they landed, Astrid and Hiccup quickly took their weapons out, taking her ace from the saddle and lighting up his Inferno.
Their friends landed moments after them and the couple shushed them, knowingly.

"Shhh!" Astrid hissed to the twins who raised their hands defensively as they jumped off their dragons.

"What?!" Tuffnut asked in his normally loud voice, making Astrid glare at him even more. He gasped in realization and placed his hands on his mouth.

"See, quiet!" Tuffnut said, his voice muffled from his hands, making Astrid roll her eyes and turn back to Hiccup.

In front of them were three different openings, enough for them to walk through. Hiccup looked at Toothless and petted his head.

"You'll have to stay here, bud. You won't fit through" He told his dragon and the Night fury warbled softly. Hiccup looked up to his friends and nodded, silently telling them to leave their dragons.

"Usual teams. Twins, the opening on the left. Fish and Snot, the right. Astrid and I-" Hiccup started, being cut off by Fishlegs.

"Hiccstrid" Fishlegs corrected and Hiccup and Astrid rolled their eyes at the ship name.

"Hiccstrid, in the middle. If you find anything, yell" Hiccup told them and they nodded in understanding, slightly grinning at the use of the name.

"But be careful. We don't know what's out there, it could be a trap." Astrid added and eyed all of her friends warily.

"Okay, let's go gang!" Hiccup said and they all went off on their separate ways. Hiccup went into the opening first, holding Inferno in front of him for light and defense.

"Hicc?" Astrid called out softly as they went deeper into the cave. He hummed in response and looked back to see her worried face.

"What exactly did the letter say?" She asked him and he let out a soft sigh, facing front again.

"Uh, it was addressed to me, my name, saying that they wanted them to find me. It had a bunch of numbers and they turned out to be coordinates" Hiccup told her and she nodded as they continued walking.

"What do you think we'll find here?" Astrid asked him and he shrugged. "Hopefully, some answers because this- AHHH!" Hiccup began but then shouted when he slide down a steep slope.

"HICCUP!" Astrid called after him and crouched down to see what happened. All she saw was darkness and only heard her betrothed screaming.

"Oh gods" She cursed, shaking her head as she sat down on the cold ice and pushed herself down. Down, down, down both of them went, screaming and shouting loudly.

Suddenly, Astrid plopped onto something with and 'oof'. She felt the thing move bellow her and saw that it was Hiccup.

"Babe!" She exclaimed before standing up and offering him a hand. He groaned lightly from the impact and gratefully took her hand, getting up from the ground.

"Sorry" She apologized while he dusted himself off and bent down to get his weapon. "It's fine" He told her and laced his hand with hers, giving her a smile.

After a moment of smiling at each other, Hiccup quickly lit Inferno to see where they were. Worry etched onto both their faces when they saw may different dragon surrounding them.

Hiccup waved Inferno in the air, showing he was one of the dragons and Astrid slowly placed down her axe. She stepped away from it and raised her arms, showing she wasn't armed.

The two glanced at each other and nodded knowingly. Astrid stood near Hiccup while he draws a circle of gas and ignites it. He walked towards a dragon and extended a hand.

Suddenly, Astrid spotted a figure in the corner watching them and gasped softly. Hiccup recoiled and turned to see what was wrong. His eyes widened when he saw the figure and he stood defensively in front of Astrid.

"Who are you?" Hiccup demanded with a firm look on his face. Astrid bent down and picked up her axe, holding if tightly and looking around them.

Slowly, the dragons opened their mouths, lighting a fire and illuminating the cave. She looked back at the figure and widened her eyes when she finally got a good look.

The figure had a spiked helmet and a staff, hiding their identity. They stepped forward and moved closer to Hiccup and Astrid, making her squeeze Hiccup's hand tightly.

Almost like examining them, the figure placed a hand on Hiccup's cheek and he flinched at the contact. Then, Hiccup heard a gasp from behind the mask and the person stepped away.

"Hiccup?" The figure said, making both Hiccup and Astrid gape in shock. They took of their helmet, revealing herself as a middle-aged woman.

"You came" The woman said, a smile forming on her face. Hiccup stuttered out words and quickly shook his head.

"You-you sent the letter? S-should I know you?" He asked her and the woman looked down in shame, shaking her head.

"No. You were only a baby... but a mother never forgets" The woman said, raising her head to look at Hiccup's shocked face.

Astrid gasped and looked worriedly at Hiccup who stammered, trying to get words out. She frowned at his confused face and looked back at the woman. Or.. Hiccup's mother?

She didn't know a lot about her, but she knew that she had died during a raid, 19 years ago. People would always mourn their passed chieftess on the anniversary of her death. Valka Haddock was her name, Astrid remembered.

"Y-you're Valka Haddock?" Astrid asked, knowing that Hiccup couldn't from words at the moment. The woman looked at her and nodded.

"And you are?" Valka asked Astrid, recalling their conversation and small loving gestures to each other.

"Astrid Hofferson, my betrothed, but wait a minute! What?! You're my mother?!" Hiccup asked, still very confused and aghast. Valka nodded and a smile formed on her face.

"Come" She told him and ran off into another small opening the in the cave, leaving Hiccup frozen for a second.

"Woah, hold on!" He shouted and ran after the woman, Astrid following behind him. Valka jumped over ledge and gestured for them to come over.

"You're my mother, do you- do you grasp how insane that sounds?!" Hiccup shouted and helped Astrid over, making her roll her eyes but accept his help.

"Careful" Astrid reminded Hiccup, looking into his eyes with concern before they continued to run after the woman.

"Come. Quickly!" Valka told them and turned a corner. Hiccup and Astrid followed quickly, hand in hand, and gasped when they finally caught up to her.

"Dragons" Astrid breathed, looking around at the hundreds of dragon that were flying around happily. Both of them stood frozen in awe of the sight before Hiccup looked to see where Valka had gone.

He looked up to see her hanging on the roof of the cave with a Stormcutter beside her. Astrid turned as well and gaped slightly.

"This is where you've been for 19 years?" Hiccup asked his mother, stepping closer and letting go of Astrid's hand. Valka nodded and looked off proudly at her dragons.

"You've been rescuing them" Hiccup muttered, looking back at the dragons around them and smiling slightly.

"You're not upset?" Valka asked and he turned to her with a frown, shaking his head.

"What? No. I don't know. It's a bit much to get my head around, to be frank. It's not every day you find out your mother is some kind of crazy, feral, vigilante dragon lady." Hiccup told her, making Astrid chuckle at the use of words.

Astrid felt a nudge behind her and saw a Gronkle nuzzling into her. She laughed softly and affectionately scratched under his chin, smiling happily.

Valka looked at the girl with interest and raised an eyebrow. "You both are very comfy with dragons, seeing as you come from Berk" She said and Astrid grinned.

"Well, Berk has changed and actually..." Astrid started and moved forward to lace her hand with Hiccup's again.

"It has a lot to do with your son" She said, smiling at her betrothed and looking back at Valka who had an amsued face.

Hiccup chuckled softly and sighed, looking over at Astrid with a grin. "Long story short, I trained a Night fury and changed Berk's views on the whole dragon and viking war thing" He explained and Valka frowned.

"How? Viking's are incredibly stubborn and-"
"-and Hiccup is the most stubborn of them all. He managed to change all of our minds and stop all the raids" Astris cut Valka off, explaing the story even more and making Hiccup blush lightly.

"I'm not hero or anything" He muttered and Astrid chuckled softly, shaking her head at his shyness. "Sure, babe. A hero definitely doesn't sacrifice his life for his people." She said sarcastically and he rolled his eyes.

"Not my life, just a leg" Hiccup corrected and gestures to his peg leg with a grin on his face, making Astrid laugh. His heart fluttered as he heard her laughter and he felt love surge througg him.

Valka watched the two interact with an small smile on her face. Her son was bettothed to this beautiful girl who loved him as much as he loved her.

The mother saw how happy her son was with her and she felt at peace that Hiccup had someone to support him.

"You two are betrothed, am I right?" Valka asked, intereupting the peaceful silence between the couple.

Hiccup looked over at his mother and nodded, his smile getting wider with this time a blush as well. "Yeah. Betrothed" He answered with a love struck face, making Valka grin.

"For how long now?" Valka asked Astrid who laughed lightly and tucked a stray heair behind her ear.

"About a year" Astrid answered and smiled at her betrothed's mother. "Oh, sorry. I'm Astrid. Astrid Hofferson" She introduced herself and held a hand out for Valka to shake it.

"Call me Valka." Valka told her and shook her hand before, giving her a smile. From their side, they heard a loud roar and the couple quickly turned.

"The Alpha" Valka told them as they stared in awe at the huge dragon toweribg above all of the other dragons. Small dragons bowed respectfully in front of their king and Hiccup and Astrid stared in awe.

Hiccup looked over to her mother and then back at the Alpha, feeling suddenly overwhelmed. They had found so many more dragons and met the person who was his mother?! How could this be?!

Astrid noticed her betrothed's panic start to rise and squeezed his hand gently, making him look at her. She gave him a smile and nodded encouragingly.

"You can do this. We can do this" Astrid told him and he smiled back at her, feeling his heart flutter with love.

At the start, middle, end of many more adventures, Astrid was there for him and he was always there for her. No matter what, the two had each other.

No matter what they go through, Astrid and Hiccup were always a pair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 1.7K 41
I absolutely love reading these so I thought I would write some myself. Requests are welcome.
4.7K 48 16
BOOK 1 How To Train Your Dragon OC Insert What if Hiccup had a girl best friend? How would she play in the movie? What kind of dragon does she have? ...
38.4K 607 23
A collection of all my modern Hiccstrid one shots, both new and from my original one shot book. Hope you enjoy!! MARKING AS COMPLETED BECAUSE I DON'T...
35.1K 406 29
-------𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙘𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙙 𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙩𝙨.• ❝ im with you.❞ - astrid ❝i know.❞ - hiccup !ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ! ♡ .• ' i dont own howtotrainyourdrago...