The Blueprint of His Heart.

By scopian_16

| ZAEEF BOOK II | "You have a beautiful laugh" she said. "Whatever do you mean?" "When you laugh, it reminds... More

| DISCLAIMER |
| DEDICATION. |
| GLOSSARY |
| PROLOGUE |
CHAPTER 1.
CHAPTER 2.
CHAPTER 3.
CHAPTER 4.
CHAPTER 5.
CHAPTER 6.
CHAPTER 7.
CHAPTER 8.
CHAPTER 9.
CHAPTER 10.
CHAPTER 11.
CHAPTER 12.
CHAPTER 13.
CHAPTER 14.
CHAPTER 15.
CHAPTER 16.
CHAPTER 17.
CHAPTER 18.
CHAPTER 19.
CHAPTER 20.
CHAPTER 21.
CHAPTER 23.
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25.
CHAPTER 26.
CHAPTER 27.
CHAPTER 28.
CHAPTER 29.
CHAPTER 30.
CHAPTER 31.
CHAPTER 32.
CHAPTER 33.
CHAPTER 34.
CHAPTER 35.
CHAPTER 36.
CHAPTER 37.
CHAPTER 38.
CHAPTER 39.
CHAPTER 40.
CHAPTER 41.
CHAPTER 42.
CHAPTER 43.
CHAPTER 44.
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46.
CHAPTER 47.
CHAPTER 48.
CHAPTER 49.
CHAPTER 50.
CHAPTER 51.
CHAPTER 52.
CHAPTER 53.
CHAPTER 54.
CHAPTER 55.
CHAPTER 56.
CHAPTER 57.
CHAPTER 58.
CHAPTER 59.
CHAPTER 60.
| EPILOGUE |
| AUTHORS NOTE |

CHAPTER 22.

2.7K 279 39
By scopian_16

Chapter 22: Easter Carnival.

*

"Everything seems so insignificant, 

from up here. 

The entire world tuned out, 

and inner peace finally settling in. 

If only we could live at this height forever, 

our world would be beautiful too"

-2am-

*

The following morning was beautiful. The sun was out but it was still cold. Yazdan was up by Fajr and after the prayer, he went for a jog. As usual, he met Mr. Chopra from two blocks below, Mr. Gonservice from the same street as Mr. Chopra and Mr. Yun from three blocks down. They were aged people with a mentality of being healthy and fit. Which was good.

"Good morning!" he called out to them and they grinned before waving without stopping. Yazdan laughed and waved back. He finally took a seat by the large pond in the park and watched the sun's rays shimmer around him. It's beautiful. He was wearing his Nike jogger pants and cardigan with runners and his hair was tied in a bun at the back. He felt sweat creep into his hair and it itches. Great, time to wash my messy hair again.

"Fancy seeing you here" he looked up to meet familiar onyx eyes. He smiled unconsciously and she smiled back. Her hair was also tied in a bun and she wore tracks and hoodie too, albeit her hoodie was oversized.

"As salaam alaikum" he said and she replied the salutation. He watched her stuff her hands in the pocket of her hoodie and chuckled.

"Out cold?" he questioned and she nodded, shifting on her feet.

"What are you doing here anyway?" she asked him, walking around near the lake where the sun would directly hit her. Yazdan set on the bench in front of her.

"Jogging. You?"

"Walking. Jogging. Things healthy people should do" she replied and Yazdan let out a small laugh.

"You have a beautiful laugh" Yazdan raised an eyebrow at her and watched as she flushed red.

"I- I am sorry. That- that came out wrong. I mean you do- but- like not in- not in the creepy- I don't make sense, do I?" she asked and Yazdan shook his head, no.

Cute.

No, not cute. Bad Yazdan. Stop thinking about that.

"Sorry about that. Anyway, how was the dinner yesterday?" she asked him and Yazdan raised an eyebrow. How did she know?

"Ah, I heard commotion outside so I looked out; turns out your place had visitors. I saw it from my bedroom window. I was reading there when they came" she replied, digging the grass with her right leg shoes. Yazdan watched her silently. Nervous, she is nervous. But why?

"Were you the one who sent me the roses?" he asked her, looking up to meet her eyes. He saw her eyes widen once again and smiled.

"Ahh........ yeah? Maybe? It was creepy wasn't it?" she said and Yazdan let out another small laugh.

"Not really. I saw it and thought that it may be for Yahyah or something. But it had my name on it. Did you write that too?" he questioned her and she blushed, nodding anyway.

"It was..... nice? I guess. But thank you for the flowers, flower" he corrected himself in the end after realizing it was just one rose. Confusion cleared.

Why did she send you flowers, Yazdan?

Another one created.

"Why'd you send me a single rose with a note?" he asked her, placing his hands on his thighs and waiting for her answer. She let out a small sigh.

"You really are oblivious, aren't you?" Yazdan shrugged. He was the most observant, if anything. She took a seat beside him, leaving a large distance between them.

"So?"

"Tell me something Yazdan" she began and Yazdan nodded, tilting her head slightly. "Did you ever fall for someone in your life?" Yazdan analyzed her question. Did I ever fall for someone in my life? Fall as in like someone? Hm............ I don't think so? Yeah I doubt it.

"No"

"Good"

"Good?"

"Good" she replied with a firm tone.

"Why?"

"Because I like you. And I will get hurt if you like someone else" Yazdan choked on his saliva. Say what girl? Aanabia turned to him with a flushed face. He knew she was not lying. She was embarrassed, for heaven's sake!

"You don't even know me!"

"That is because you refuse to talk to me. Today, in fact this, is the longest conversation we ever held together" she replied and Yazdan thought back before realizing it was true. Aanabia clasped her hands and stood up.

"Well, I told you that and I am not lying. So......... yeah. I should probably take my leave before you decide to drown me in that pool because I can't swim. Allah Hafiz" she said the last few words while walking away and Yazdan barely heard them. But he did feel the rhythm of his heart change. Stupid girl, why'd you do that?!

-

The 2019 Easter Carnival of Middleton was going on with a blast. Rides were set out around the large ground by the lake at the park and people set up stalls for food, accessories and what not. It was the first day and it was mega-packed.

"Bhaiyuuuuu!" Yazdan's head turned around to spot his younger sibling amongst the crowd. Not only was his younger sibling there, but his twin was too. Yazdan grinned before jogging over to them, past the crowd of people.

"As salaam alaikum" said Sahl, pulling his brother into a hug. "-I missed you bhaiyu" the latter was whispered and Yazdan let out a small laugh, patting his head.

"Wa alaikum mus salaam" Sahl let his brother go with a small laugh. Safwah hugged Yazdan tightly, so much that Yazdan felt his bones crack.

"You should probably leave him so that he can breathe" said Sahl and Safwah chuckled, letting him go. Yazdan was taller than Twin II (Safwah) but a few inches shorter than Twin I (Sahl), which made him seem less intimidating to the older twin.

"How come you are here?" he asked Sahl and Sahl let out a sigh.

"This idiot-" Sahl slapped his twin. "-Dragged me along with him" Safwah laughed, rubbing the sore spot.

"Anyway, how long will this carnival last anyway?" asked Safwah, looking around. Nothing has changed about this human. Yazdan let out an amused smile before swinging his arms around his little brother.

"What is your assignment this time?"

"Deploying to India soon." Muttered Safwah and Yazdan raised an eyebrow, looking over to Sahl who shrugged.

"I tried talking to him but he won't listen. He said and I quote: 'Work is important for me. I gave up a lot of things for this. There is no way I am stepping down'" Yazdan turned to Safwah who shrugged before grinning at him.

"Let's go on the largest Ferris Wheel!" said Safwah, already pulling the two brothers of his by their hands towards the line. I am not getting out of this, am I?

He stood in the line behind Safwah and Sahl stood behind him. Sahl told Safwah to ask the person by the wheels to let them sit together. Yazdan looked up and watched the small capsules of the Ferris wheel swing in the air. Oh Allah.

"Uh by any chance, you guys afraid of this?" questioned Safwah from the front and Yazdan shrugged. Heights. I love them, actually.

"Bhaiyu loves them, remember?" sassed Sahl, looking around the place. Safwah handed them the tickets and they shifted to the second line to wait for their turn. Yazdan tilted his head and caught sight of familiar dark hair and built frame in front of Safwah. She is getting on this thing too? He smiled slightly and leaned onto the shoulder of his younger brother, closing his eyes shut. This way, he heard whatever she was talking about.

"Nahal, can we not do this?"

"No"

"Nahal! I am scared of heights!"

"Good joke. No"

"Oh god Nahal. I will throw up"

"No"

"Nahaaalll" He chuckled when he heard her whine. So she is not good with heights huh.

"Why are you laughing on my back?" questioned Safwah, looking over his shoulder to him. He stood up straight and grinned at his brother.

"Nothing"

"Alright-y. Lets go" he pulled the two by their shirts towards the capsule. Yazdan's eyes widened when he realized who got on the capsule with them. What a pleasant surprise, Miss. Sadaf.

She caught his eyes and her eyes widened. Nahal saw Yazdan and grinned at him.

"Hey!" The brothers turned to Nahal and then to Yazdan with raised eyebrows. Yazdan turned to his brothers who had identical looks. He then turned to the girls and smiled.

"As salaam alaikum" he said, just as the guy outside shut the door.

"We need to fasten our seatbelts" muttered Safwah, shuffling with his. Finally, he got the grip of it before putting it on. The other people did the same. Yazdan's eyes turned to Aanabia who was shuffling in her seat. She was wearing a large cardigan over jeans and her hair was in a braid. Few bangs fell onto her face and her cheeks flushed in the cold air.

"Yahyah?" Yazdan turned to Nahal and gave her a small smile.

"He is working. You don't have work?" he watched as Nahal blushed a bright shade of red. Unknown to him, the twin brothers of his exchanged looks with each other. One of confusion and the other of excitement.

"No. I- I actually called in a day off today. Aapa wanted to go to the carnival so here we are. You?"

"I came to meet my brothers" replied Yazdan, gesturing to the boys beside him. Nahal smiled at them before she realized who the first one was.

"Hey" the boys smiled at her brightly.

Yazdan turned back to Aanabia as Safwah began conversation with Nahal. The wheel had moved a few feet up by now and he could see Aanabia visibly shivering. Even in her cardigan. He tuned out the other's conversation before reaching up for his apple ear pods. He handed it out to her and she looked up to him in confusion. He rolled his eyes. Take it and listen to music, dumb human. It would distract you. If only she could hear him telepathically. Or maybe she did, because in the next moment, she took the air pods and placed it in her ears. He smiled as he browsed through his music for something for her. Finally he played Hold My Hand by Akon. It was a classic that always calmed him down.

This is the least I can do for her in return for the rose, note and......... confession.

She smiled gratefully at him before leaning onto the glassed walls and closing her eyes. Yazdan played around his phone for a while before looking outside. They were halfway up in the air and the sight was just beautiful. Everything screamed beauty to him and he could simply live here, just for the view.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" muttered Safwah, taking pictures and Yazdan nodded, unable to say anything. The people seemed so small as the wheel went up to the top. They halted there and waited for it to move.

"You alright?" Nahal questioned her sister who nodded, giving them a small smile.

"I believe I didn't introduce myself. Aanabia Sadaf" she smiled at the two boys in front of her. She noticed the striking resemblance between the two and Yazdan but soon snapped out of it when she realized something.

"Oh no. We are heading down"

"Isn't that good?" asked Safwah and Aanabia screwed her eyes shut.

"Not if it's going at a ferocious velocity"

Yazdan could not help but laugh. Aanabia Sadaf has a fear of heights? 

********

I feel euphoric of heights but I am scared of falling down from there. So yeah. hahaa. 

Update! My paper was bad but anyway, hopefully I pass. 

Feedbacks would be much appreciated. Thank you! 

| R - C - V |

xx, 

aalihha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 4K 53
"I was on a goddamn vacation in this God-forsaken place. I never meant to get engaged to you. I never meant any of this to happen. You. Me. Us. None...
23.8K 1.2K 31
اہلِ عشق- Ahl-e-ishq (people of passionate love) Started- 30 July 2023 Join the story of Ahad Suleiman Khan ( احد سولیمان خان) Eshal Saleem Siddiq...
5.8K 334 32
Zoobiya Shehzad is a girl left to fend for herself alone in a household she had never been in before at the young age of 7. The whole family treats h...
535K 21.5K 31
~ ZA¥DAN ~ 'Life is a Game of chess' Move in silence only to say CHECKMATE°°° ~ HA¥AT ~ 'Life can be a game of chess' But with...