The Blueprint of His Heart.

By scopian_16

| ZAEEF BOOK II | "You have a beautiful laugh" she said. "Whatever do you mean?" "When you laugh, it reminds... More

| DISCLAIMER |
| DEDICATION. |
| GLOSSARY |
| PROLOGUE |
CHAPTER 1.
CHAPTER 2.
CHAPTER 3.
CHAPTER 4.
CHAPTER 5.
CHAPTER 6.
CHAPTER 7.
CHAPTER 8.
CHAPTER 9.
CHAPTER 10.
CHAPTER 11.
CHAPTER 13.
CHAPTER 14.
CHAPTER 15.
CHAPTER 16.
CHAPTER 17.
CHAPTER 18.
CHAPTER 19.
CHAPTER 20.
CHAPTER 21.
CHAPTER 22.
CHAPTER 23.
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25.
CHAPTER 26.
CHAPTER 27.
CHAPTER 28.
CHAPTER 29.
CHAPTER 30.
CHAPTER 31.
CHAPTER 32.
CHAPTER 33.
CHAPTER 34.
CHAPTER 35.
CHAPTER 36.
CHAPTER 37.
CHAPTER 38.
CHAPTER 39.
CHAPTER 40.
CHAPTER 41.
CHAPTER 42.
CHAPTER 43.
CHAPTER 44.
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46.
CHAPTER 47.
CHAPTER 48.
CHAPTER 49.
CHAPTER 50.
CHAPTER 51.
CHAPTER 52.
CHAPTER 53.
CHAPTER 54.
CHAPTER 55.
CHAPTER 56.
CHAPTER 57.
CHAPTER 58.
CHAPTER 59.
CHAPTER 60.
| EPILOGUE |
| AUTHORS NOTE |

CHAPTER 12.

2.6K 264 68
By scopian_16

Chapter 12: Mine. 

*

"What do you see in him?, they asked. 

I see what you do not, she answered"

-2am-

*

Monday came and everyone was a mess. Tuesday went by similarly and so did Wednesday. By the time Thursday came, Yahyah was stressed and Yazdan was bored. So the latter opted to work for Yahyah, as his underling of course. And as a PA, even if he doesn't admit it. He has been walking around the office, getting to know the place while he does the minor works of filing and photocopying for Yahyah.

"This is annoying" whined Yahyah, from behind the wooden desk that had the label, CEO in thick glass.

"Of course it is. You have been doing nothing but reading random papers and signing documents" sassed Yazdan and Yahyah rolled his eyes, leaning onto the desk.

"At least, you are doing what you do best" he replied and Yazdan shrugged, placing the files on the coffee table in front of him.

"I am hungry"

"Wanna grab lunch?"

"It is Thursday!"

"So? Fasting?" Yazdan rolled his eyes.

"Why can't we just eat what Zaiha ma made?"

"That is because she didn't make anything today."

"Oh. Order then. I am not leaving this office till I am done with the accounts"

"You hate accounting"

"I love numbers"

"Ah, mathmagician" teased Yahyah and Yazdan shrugged. Yahyah picked up his phone and searched for the nearest hotel for food which was halal. He was surprised when he found a number of them. So looking up the reviews, he called up Muazzima Hotel. It was a few minutes away and offered good Indian food. According to the reviews anyway.

"What do you want?" he called out to Yazdan who raised his eyebrows. He then realized he didn't tell him what was on the menu.

"Hello, Muazzima Hotel. How may I help you?" said a male voice on the call. Without replying, he hung up. Oh great. Now this encounter will haunt me forever. He thought with distaste. He looked over to see Yazdan trying to hold back his laughter.

"Shut up." Yazdan burst into laughter. Yahyah rolled his eyes and waited until he shut up. While he waited, he sent Yazdan the menu via Viber.

"I sent you the menu. Chose" He browsed through it (again) when he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" he called out, without looking up from his phone.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Rashad" he felt the hairs of his hands rise at the voice.

"Good afternoon, Miss. Sadaf" he looked up to her with a small smile, as the conversation from the weekend filled his mind. It was stuck in his mind like a broken track, throughout the week.

"I brought you the proposal draft. Do take a look and let me know" she said and Yazdan nodded. He watched her place the folder on the desk, with her eyes trained to the task. He watched as the lose tendrils of her hair fell to her face and how she repeatedly tried to breath normal. He watched when she lifted her eyes to meet his very briefly.

"You had lunch?" he was startled at her question. She was not the kind to ask such things. But he found himself shaking his head, no.

"Ah. Do have lunch, Mr. Rashad." With that, and a smile, she turned and walked out of the office. Yahyah watched her with bright eyes and a smile. He actually felt happy.

"Ibn Al Qayyam said; falling in love is a disease. The cure is to marry the one you love" he glared at his best friend who smirked at him. He was now in front of his desk, with gray shining eyes.

"I. Don't. Love. Her" he stated, through gritted teeth.

"Ah. Which is why you smile like an idiot randomly" Yazdan retaliated and Yahyah rolled his eyes.

"Maybe I recalled a funny joke"

"Oh please. We both know that the only joke in your life is you" sassed Yazdan and Yahyah glowered at him. Yazdan held up both his hands in surrender.

"Okay. I am sorry. It was a bad sass." He muttered and Yahyah grinned at him.

"How about some food?" His best friend nodded before calling out his menu and asking Yahyah to call the hotel again for food.

-

Yazdan was tired by the time he was in his room. He thought he was helping Yahyah out. Instead, it was like he was only making himself stressed. He did not understand how Yahyah worked with such stress. He understood what it meant to be a CEO, for he owned an architectural firm but this was way too stressful.

His phone rang and he huffed a sigh before reaching for it on the nightstand. The bed was comfortable for now.

Unknown.

"Good night Yazdan"

He stared at the messaged for a good minute before turning around the closing his eyes. The clock on the opposite wall read 2am and he and Yahyah had just returned from the office.

He woke up the following morning for Fajr, when he decided to see who the unknown sender was. He messaged back but got no reply so he patiently waited. It was not as if it was by mistake for the message clearly had his name on it.

"Salaam ma" he said, walking into the kitchen to help Zaiha set up breakfast.

"Was salaam Yaz" she replied, while frying the eggs.

"Ah eggs and bread I see" he said and Zaiha shot him a smile.

"Your favorite" she said and Yazdan laughed.

"Not like I can deny that"

"Ah open the fridge, there is something there for you" she said and Yazdan raised his eyebrows in confusion but nonetheless, he complied.

The air of the fridge was cold. He stared at the contents and turned to Zaiha.

"The donuts" she said and he looked back to see chocolate glazed donuts and plain glazed ones. He picked up the plain glazed donuts with a grin and shut the door of the fridge.

"Thank you" Zaiha laughed at him.

"Thank Aanabia. She got it yesterday on her way home." She replied and Yazdan raised an eyebrow at his mother.

"Ah I wonder why" he said and walked to her with a knowing gaze. He knew Zaiha ever since he was a child. She basically brought him up along with Yahyah so he knew her well, much like he knew Qaidah. And right now, he knew she was hiding something.

"Ah well. Why don't you ask her?" she replied, before turning back to the bread in front of her. Yazdan took a bite and leaned onto the counter.

"What is it?" he asked her and she smirked and remained silent. He let out a whine and she let out a chuckle.

"Ma, this is not fair. You know something and I don't" he whined and Zaiha let out a small laugh.

"Stop being a child, Yaz. I know nothing!" she teased him and he let out a sigh.

"Is it about me? Yahyah?" he enquired, quite enthusiastically. Zaiha smiled at his antics.

"Tell me!"he whined. Just then, the door bell rang. He checked the time on his watch and frowned. It was barely past 7am, who would be at their door at this time?

"Get the door Yaz" Zaiha called out and he turned to see her exiting the kitchen. Without a word, he nodded and walked out too. He carefully walked towards the door and without hesitation, flung it open. It was 7am!

His eyes widened slightly when he saw the bright face of Miss. Aanabia Sadaf. She coughed lightly and smiled at him.

"As salaam alaikum" she greeted him and he stared at her with narrowed eyes.

"Wa alaikum mus salaam" he replied and stepped away from the doorway to let her in. She nodded before walking inside and he shut the door behind her. He stood there, munching on the donut while contemplating whether he should say thank you to her or not.

Thank You for the donuts.

Thank You for the donuts, Aanabia. They were nice.

Thank you for the donuts, Aanabia.

Thank YOU! He let out a frustrated sigh at his thoughts. He could not even formulate a simple thank you in his mind.

"Ah where is Zaiha aunt?" he was snapped out of the trance by her soft voice. He mentally sighed at his stupid thoughts.

"There-" he pointed to the dining hall and Aanabia turned to it.

"She is no there. I checked"

"Kitchen"

"Not there. I called out for her" she replied and Yazdan frowned.

"But she was right here. She asked me to-" the wheels of his brain turned and he let out a scowl.

"Scowling makes you look adorable" he looked up to see Aanabia staring at him wide eyed before her cheeks slowly turned pink. He rubbed his neck and let out an awkward cough. He did not know how to react to that.

"Uh.. sorry. It- it came out...... weird. Sounded much better in my head" she muttered the last part to herself but he heard it clearly. He let out a small laugh at the sentence.

"She was right here. I think she went upstairs. Check her room. Oh and thank you for the donuts" with that, Yazdan walked away. To the kitchen.

He stood in front of the island, contemplating his whole life. He had never been so........ speechless? Restless? He could not even pin point out the emotion.

"Ah food" he turned to see Yahyah enter the kitchen, in his suit. When he caught Yazdan's eyes, he frowned.

"Why do you look so red?" Yazdan touched his face and neck and realized he was emitting heat.

"Ah weather."

"It is raining and its cold" replied Yahyah dryly. Yazdan shrugged.

"Oh Donuts" Yahyah reached to pick one up but his hands were swatted away by Yazdan.

"Mine"

"Share!"

"Mine!"

"MOOMMM"

"MAAA!" 

***

As salaam alaikum guys. 

SO! I replied to your comments. I loved them, as usual. hahaa. 

The ship names...... 

YAHAL. (Yahyah + Nahal)

DANIA. (Yazdan + Aanabia)

I thought something like Yazania, but that sounded so much like lasagna so........ yeah. 😂😂😂😂 (My readers are more creative than me though.) 

Anyhows. Thank you so much to all of you for the prayers you sent my way for my exams. Today's paper went good. I have no idea about Patho. Smh. 

Anyway. 

| R - C - V |

xx

-aalihha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

544K 42.3K 51
My stomach dropped the second we made eye contact. He had long and dark brown hair, which curled under the baseball cap he wore backward. The subtle...
267K 11.6K 32
« Sequel of RÚẞÅRÚ - Í$H¶ » «Stand Alone Book» ~ ZÁ¥¥ÁÑ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWN°°° ~ Á¥€DÁ ~ "The wor...
56.8K 2.2K 36
His words make my heart breaks into million pieces but I can't let him walk over me as always I have to speak. "Zayn your not only one who is force...
1M 54.7K 66
"Look Ayan...," I started, ready to announce my decision, "I know your brother is a total weirdo and can't do romance and stuff but I can't ignore hi...