Opposite worlds »punk h.s

By oceanharryx

It was not enough to pretend to be in love and have a happy ending when enemies are outside and waiting. {Tex... More

Part 1: Love is a risk
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's note, please read, don't ignore this.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 *
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Please read, chapter 61 on private.
Chapter 62
Part 2: The missing piece.
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Not an update
NOT AN UPDATE, READ PLEASE SOS
IMPORTANT UPDATE! READ PLEASE!

Chapter 54

11.6K 283 77
By oceanharryx

Guys, guys I'm back, I'm so happy to be back. BEFORE READING:

-Remember Lucy came back from her trip.

-Eric Hemsworth (new character) is Liam Hemsworth.

Hope you like it!

*

**

{Lucy}

It's strange how everything works. Harry's words still echo in my head and I have to repeat to myself that it was real. I didn't know how to feel because I was pretty surprised.

"I want to be with you"

Never thought a boy would say that to me but it feels amazing. I won't lie but it's a little hard to believe. I know we're in some kind of relationship but I don't feel so special, I mean, I'm not special. I wonder what's keeping him with me, but I can't deny that every time we're together is something quite amazing. Maybe that's it.

Harry and I have changed in some ways through this small journey. We don't treat each other the same way, we do better. Harry is very sweet and I like that. I think I haven't changed that much, yet I'm still the same goofy girl, always stuttering and shy but he accepts me and I am so grateful.

But there is something wrong going on with Harry, I've noticed. He looks a bit absent; sometimes he is completely lost in thought. I want him to talk to me about it but I think he won't do it.

I spoke with Luciana, she's really nice. First I didn't know what to say but now we talk a lot.

I talked to Daniel, he told me he missed me already and I miss him too. Our conversation is about different topics but he never asked me about Mom. We have to work on that, because he will have to talk to her. I know they have, reluctantly, exchanged a few words but I don't know, someday I hope they can recover their relationship.

I feel the cold on my skin, that brings me back to reality and I let my eyes fall to the book I’m holding on my hands. I'm sitting on the grandstand of the soccer field, outside and under a sky dull and gray. I should be studying but read is my little break.

I'm reading a book, with famous compilation of phrases and short poems, Daniel gave it to me before I leave London and I am looking for a phrase that I really like. So far it is great, it doesn't have a topic in general, and there are different extracts from different poets or famous writers or influential figures.

I drink a small sip of my coffee and I turn the page, my eyes scanning the piece of paper.

"Someone that makes you feel things without putting a finger on you, that’s impressive"

(Mario Benedetti)

I feel something in my heart and it is impossible to ignore this sentence. I can't. I blink as I slide my finger across the paper.

"Lucy, watch out!" I hear the voice of Niall and I don't have to look up. I duck my head, resting my forehead against the book and the impact of the ball against the grandstands reaches my ears, right behind me.

Am I a magnet for balls? This is the second time this has happened in just 45 minutes. I don't have good reflexes but this was very close.

I raise my head and my eyes find a beautiful green-eyed boy.

"Sorry about that" Harry apologizes with the ball on his hands. He’s playing soccer with his friends, his uniform is black and his shirt says 'Styles' in the back with white letters.

"No problem" I murmur with my gaze on him. His hair is a beautiful disaster, he's breathing heavily for the game and I can see a slight sheen of sweat on his forehead.

"What are you reading?" He licks his lips and his eyes are on the book in my lap.

"Oh, this?" I grab the book. "It's just a book that-that Daniel—"

"Come on Styles!" We hear a shout of a boy from the field.

"I'm coming!" Harry shouts back before leaning towards me to give me a quick kiss. His lips are warm and slightly wet.

I blink with flushed cheeks and he walks away, returning with his friends and with the game. I stare at his back for a few seconds and the muscles of his arms. Wow.

I sigh and look at my shoes. For a moment I imagine the ball hitting my face. This situation would have been completely different and very shameful.

I'm sitting in the grandstands, alone and "watching" the boys play. They armed groups and managed to find the free time to play here. Soccer is interesting for the fact that you only use your feet and some of them are really good.

The boys’ team scored a goal and Niall dances in the goal. Louis spits on the floor and smiles. Liam and Zayn do a little dance and bump fists with Niall.

On the other group there are two guys who I barely know and the others are people I've never seen, seniors I think.

I watch them for a few minutes and then I look down to the book. I reread the quote and underline it with a pencil. I'm going to write it in my notebook because it's a special phrase. I think it was made just for me.

"Someone that makes you feel things without putting a finger on you, that’s impressive” I read the sentence one more time.

I smile and bite my lower lip. Not only was made for me but also for Harry or for our relationship. We haven't done anything yet but he makes me feel things I've ever felt. The way my hands shake, how nervous I am at his side or the way my heart skips a beat every time he smiles. When his eyes are on me, the way he talks or intertwined his fingers with mine. It's sweet, it's romantic, it's perfect.

I liked this phrase a lot because it is completely true. Feel things like this without physical contact, without the typical human reactions such as desire or pleasure, only love. That's impressive and rarely possible lately.

It's a bit boring to be alone; I wish one of the boys had a girlfriend. Harry told me that Zayn is dating Lana, this blonde girl I saw at Kevin's bar. I didn't like her, although I don't know her, but just for the simple fact I saw her very close to Harry. Yes, I was jealous, so jealous.

I sigh and keep the book in my backpack. I take out my notebook and a pen and I get distracted with the homework.

"Lucy, watch out!" This time I hear Liam's voice and again I duck my head, just before the soccer ball crashes into the grandstands behind me.

"Idiot!" Niall screams, looking at Louis.

"Ups" The boy shrugs and makes his way to me, to find the ball.

I realize that Harry is talking to the other team and Zayn and Liam are gathering their backpacks. I think the game ended.

"Yeah, it’s over" Louis speaks, reading my thoughts.

I grab my bag and make my way towards Harry.

"Lucy" I hear Louis behind me and I look him.

"You were the worst cheerleader" He shakes his head with a smirk on his lips.

"What?"

"Oh come on, you should be his cheerleader, you were the only girl here. Girls always encourage their boyfriends. "

"You won?" I ask as we walk.

"You didn't even see us?" He grunts. "It was an amazing game and yes, we won"

"Oh, congratulations," I said as I grabbed Harry's backpack.

Louis giggles and I give him a look of confusion.

"What?"

"I don't know you look like his nanny" He laughs as he grabs his bag and walks away from me.

I'm not Harry's nanny and I don't look like one.

I walk towards him and he's waiting for me. His eyes never left mine and I'm afraid of falling.

"Hey thanks, you didn't have to," Harry says while he grabs his backpack and I nod, not knowing what to say.

"Ladies, to the showers!" Says Niall as he runs shirtless.

"It will be really quick; I'll shower and then let's see what we can do"

"Okay," I nod and wait for him outside, sitting on a bench.

I watch the field and I bite my nails while I wait. I hear someone saying something from the inside but it's a little hard to decipher what he says. I hear a little bump and then a body rushes through the door. It's Zayn, he is just wearing jeans and has something in his hand. Clothes. Another body rushes out of the bathroom and it's Harry then I see Louis and Liam. My eyes open wide because Liam and Harry are only in underwear, boxers, black. Liam chases Louis and Harry chases Zayn.

I get up and I see them running down the field. It's a game to them but they are half-naked and the weather it's not helping, they'll catch a cold.

"Guys, guys stop!" I manage to say, trying to get close to them but they are fast and they ignore me. Payne curses when he stumbles and falls and Louis laughs as he puts Liam's jeans on his head.

"A small gift for you Lucy!" Louis runs towards me and throws something in my face. Underwear. "They're dirty!"

"Aaaah!" I don't know why I scream but I threw it to the ground.

Someone laughs and suddenly I feel arms around my waist and I'm in the air. My face strikes a bare back and I rub my sore nose.

"I have your girlfriend!" Zayn squeals and he's carrying me.

"Put-Put me down!" I managed to stammer and look up. Harry was close to us. My eyes are in his perfect body and my stomach twisted inside me. I look down and hide my face in Zayn's back.

"Let her go!" I hear Harry's voice and Malik stumbles and we fall down.

My glasses fly away from me and I fall first, my body hits the grass and my head is throbbing from the blow. I let out a cry of pain when I feel Zayn's body collapsed on mine. Harry's clothes fall on my face and everything is dark. The touch of our skin is strong and tough. My arms hurt, my back and chest and luckily Zayn's head fell to my side.

"Idiot!" Harry screamed and in two seconds Zayn's body is gone.

I take Harry's clothes off my face and the first thing I see is his face, a little fuzzy because I'm not with my glasses but I see him. He looks worried and his eyes are like the color of the fresh grass.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes," I whisper and twist a face when I try to look up. Noticing my expression Harry frowns.

"Fucking idiot!" Harry yells at Zayn and then his eyes are on me.

"Sorry" I hear Malik on the distance.

"I will beat him for you!" I hear Liam and maybe Zayn is running from Liam or something. I don't know but I think we're alone.

"Your glasses" He says and disappears from my view for a few seconds and then return with my glasses. "First let me help you" One of Harry's hands were placed on my back and one on my head and he helps me to sit slowly.

"I feel better" I said but I my back, my head and my chest hurt. I put my glasses on and now I can see him better.

"Did you hurt your back?" He asks and without permission one of his hands gets into my shirt. A groan escapes from my lips as his fingers slid where it hurts. "Shit, it hurts too much?"

"I'm fine" I rest my hand on his shoulder and I noticed the small but big detail that Harry is still in underwear. For a few seconds my eyes are on his boxers and I feel chills all over my body. I look up and hope that Harry hasn't noticed my gaze but it was too late, because he noticed.

He pulls the shirt over his head and dress his jeans very quickly.

The smile on his face says everything, he bites his lower lip before asking:

"Did you hurt anything else?"

I breathe, expanding my chest and I feel the pain in my skin.

"Yes, my chest hurts," I answer, resting my hands on the grass.

He raises his eyebrows and his smile widens.

"Hm, I could fix that" he jokes and I slap his hand away from my chest before his fingers reached my shirt. I feel chills and he laughs. "You sure you're okay?"

"Yes, yes, don't worry" I lie because my head it's about to explode.

"It is better that we stay here a few minutes"

"What a-about your friends?"

"I don't care."

"Um, okay," I lay down on the grass and I held wince because of my back.

Harry lies down next to me and I feel his hand on mine. I rest my chin on his shoulder and he kissed my forehead.

"Wow, that must hurt, I don't know why you're not in the hospital"

"Neither do I"

"Are you human? Any girl would be crying "

"It was not a big deal" I whisper, but I'm lying because it hurts.

"Super Lucy" I smile at his words and close my eyes. "I missed you"

I want to lift my head to see his face but my temples hurt.

"Why? If-If I'm here" I don't understand why he says that, it's been three days since I got back.

"I don't know, I thought you should know because I really missed you" His voice is quiet and it's like music to my ears.

"Me too," I stretch my neck a little and kissed his jaw.

I rest my head on his shoulder and the pain in my face is slowly fading away.

"I want to ask you something" Harry breaks our little silence.

"Go ahead."

"There is a bar that...that every 5 months makes special night, a night of Beatles. You can dance and there is this tribute group. I've never been there, the boys don't like but just like me we share that and I thought you'd want to go"

It takes a few seconds to swallow and analyze his proposal. Beatles sounds good to me but dance? ...I don't know...

"But I don't dance"

"Me neither," he says immediately. "But it will be fun, come on"

Honestly I cannot imagine me and Harry and the Beatles in one night, it would be something new and fun. I think I could dance, I could it. I imagine us dancing and I have to stifle a giggle. Suddenly I feel optimistic about this date.

"Okay, I'll go"

"Okay," I hear his cheerful voice and I feel one of his hands on my waist and his lips on mine.

+

++

{Harry}

“In the infinite lie of the dream, they had also picked him up off the ground, someone had approached him also with a knife in his hand, approached him who was lying face up, face up with his eyes closed between the bonfires on the steps.”

The end "Lucy closes the small book and her eyes focuses on me. "So? What do you think? "

I open my mouth to speak but I'm speechless. Lucy looks down at the table and then up to me as she bites her nails.

"What the hell happened?" It's the first thing I can say because that's what I think of what she just read to me. "I was not expecting that, it was a plot twist!" I smiled and she did the same.

"I know, I know, everyone reacts as well"

"What do you mean by all Lucy?" I squint and glared towards her. "Who else have you read this? I thought I was special, "I pouted jokingly.

She laughs and her hair falls over her shoulder. "You are the-the first, but it is impossible not to react surprised."

"Yes, you're right. How is the story called?"

"The night face up"

"Um, now it all makes sense," I say as I think and do a quick summary of the story in my head. "So the boy in the story was running from the Aztecs because they wanted to kidnap and sacrifice him"

"And he thought it was a boy of our civilization when in fact it was all a dream" She concluded the sentence for me.

I stir my lunch with my fork and I think about the story in my mind.

"It's a book with several stories right?" She nods, leaving the book next to her tray. "Why did you choose that one?" It's a silly and irrelevant question but I have this doubt.

"It's one of my favorites" She shrugs. "End of the game is amazing. I know most of the people read to their kids Snow White or Beauty and the Beast but my mother read to me the night face up when I was a little girl."

"When you were a child?" I gave her a look of confusion. "How could you understand that when you were a child?"

"Mom used to read and explain it with my dolls." Lucy said before taking a sip of her juice, I stare at her lips.

"Creative"

"Did your mother ever read you a story?" She asks, her fingers playing with a donut.

I laugh at her question but I feel a bitter taste in my mouth. My mother? Never.

"Not really," My voice is weak and the whole atmosphere has changed between us. Lucy's smile fades away and she looks worried. "She lived in her own world, too busy to raise her own children..." I whisper unconsciously, and try to erase the memories.

"Why? Why do you say that? "I hear Lucy's voice and her beautiful eyes are on me. I feel uncomfortable and I suddenly remember that we are not alone; we are at school and in the cafeteria, sitting at a table looking at each other.

"Um, it's not something I'd like to talk here," I answer without any tone of voice.

"Oh, I, ahm, yeah sure, I'm sorry" Lucy tucked a strand behind her ear and she eats her donut in silence.

I didn't want to kill the atmosphere between us, it was perfect. It's better when she speaks, when we talk about her, when it comes to me everything is a mess.

"So when is this Beatles thing?" Lucy spoke, trying to bring everything back to normal.

I try to change my mood and I slide my fingers through my hair, combing it back.

"Next week, Saturday"

"Oh, great" she half smiles while she opens the book, looking for an excuse to distract herself.

I guess it's my turn to bring everything back to normal.

"Who is the author?" Lucy's eyes leave the page and fixed on mine, she looks surprised and looks almost offended by my question.

"Don't you know who is the author?"

"Nope"

"Julio Cortázar, Argentinean, he's famous"

  "I didn't know," I shrugged.

"You should read End of the game, is so good and the stories are great but short, you would like it" Lucy says, looking at the book and then at me. "If you want, um, I can lend it but if you don't want it's okay because it may seem boring but for me it's cool" Every word comes out shyly and her voice is weak until I barely can hear it.

She puts the book on the table and her eyes fall on her lap. Lucy bites her lower lip and her fingers slide down her forehead. She looks nervous, shy, tender. A strong push is pumped into my veins, I get up and sit beside her. She looks confused and shudders when my fingers run along the skin of her neck. I bow to her and I connect our lips. It is a romantic and almost intimate kiss, secret, except that we are in the cafeteria. She tastes like something sweet, like chocolate. I sink my teeth into her lower lip gently and Lucy sharply pulls away from me.

"Harry!" She whimpers, ashamed, and hides her face in my chest.

"Lucy!" I chuckle and hug her.

Someone clears his throat and we split up, looking in the direction of the third person.

"Hi" says Zayn, watching us.

"Hi?" I’m confused.

"You should be with us, at our table" he makes a gesture to the table that is a few meters from us.

"What," I asked confused, is he giving me an order?

"If it's a-a boys talk I can leave" Lucy said, taking distance between us.

"What? No!"I complain obfuscated.

"Actually yes," Zayn said, frowning.

"Boys talk now!" Louis broke out among us, raising his voice.

"What the fuck?" I asked. Both look angry. What the hell is going on?

"I'll be at the library" Lucy grabs her backpack and stands up. "I have to study, um, see you later" She leaves quickly, downcast.

"What the fuck?” I frown once we are alone.

"We need to talk" Zayn said as he rested his elbows on the table.

"About what?"

"Don't be stupid, we need to talk about Lucy, your fake girlfriend."

+

+ +

{Lucy}

I didn't want to upset Harry's friends so it was best to leave. My feet lead me to the library. It’s almost empty because it's lunch. I walk between the tables and when I'm about to sit down I see Mandy, she is studying. I haven't seen her today, only in the morning in the parking lot but I was with Harry so we couldn't talk much.

"Hi Mandy" I whisper, standing in front of her.

"Lucy, hey" She muttered and made a gesture to sit in front of her.

"I didn't see you today at lunch, I waited for you," I said as I pulled a notebook out of my bag.

"I saw you with Harry, I didn't want to bother" She answers.

"You would never bother us"

"Harry still intimidates me, he's so hot" She sighs and I nod in agreement. God, yes he is.

"What did you do? Been here all along?"

"I was with Ryan, he was with Cassie and her boyfriend. It was ... fun, I think. "

Thinking of Cassie makes me feel bad, I miss her, it's been so long since the last time we spoke. What hurts more is the fact that she disappeared so fast of my life, one day we were friends and the next day she slapped me in the face.

"I think things are not going well between them."

"Between Cassie and Matt?"

"Yes, they barely speak to each other today and they were sitting side by side. She looks so lonely; does she have more friends besides you? "

"Ahm, yeah, I think, Matt's friends, but I don't know."

"Well, she looks pretty lonely"

I don't want her to be alone; I would never want to see my friend as well. Being alone is one of the worst things that can happen and is one of my biggest fears.

"We have barely spoken since you got back; you and Harry are very close."

"I know Mandy and I'm sorry."

"But it's a good thing you know? He's always by your side; I think it's very sweet"

"Yes, I know. It makes me so happy to share with him all day. "I sigh and a smile peeks through my lips.

"How was the soccer game yesterday?"

"It was fine, I was reading most of the time so I didn't pay much attention. I was alone, you should have gone "

"What? No way! "Mandy shakes her head. "Zayn was there"

"So?"

"So? Have you seen Zayn? He's hot as hell and his eyes are irresistible! His face is like heaven and God I would like to kiss him" She sighs with red cheeks. I drown a giggle, Mandy and her hormones.

"You're right, he's handsome," I say, nodding my head.

"You know who else is hot?" Mandy said, her eyes looking over my shoulder. "Eric Hemsworth"

"Eric what?" I say confused. Who is she talking about?

Mandy rolls her eyes and makes a gesture with her chin. "Just look at him, is the blond guy"

I turn around and find him right away. This Eric is standing and with the phone in his hand, you can't use it here but he doesn't seem to care. He's tall, with good body, he's wearing a black sweater, but the sleeves are bent and this allows me to see some tattoos on his arm. His blond hair is combed and his face is serious and he's not in a good mood but he has beautiful features and light eyes like the sky.

He's alone and I don't know why but he looks mysterious.

"Wow" is all I say and Mandy sighs. He's cute but no one is to me more charming and handsome than Harry.

"It's number one on my list of the sexiest beside Harry and Zayn" She murmurs and I can't take my eyes off Eric.

"I've never seen him before--"

"What world do you live? He's in junior year like us and is more than obvious that he doesn't go unnoticed"

"No"

Eric leaves his phone on the table and sits, he takes a notebook from his backpack and he looks up, his eyes finds us. He frowns at us and Mandy and I return quickly to what we were doing. I turn around and open my notebook and Mandy looks down at her book.

"He's so intimidating," Mandy whispered without looking up.

"I know."

"The first time he sees me and I think I've ruined everything" Mandy says, complaining. "He's so handsome"

"I've never seen him, but he doesn't look very nice"

"I don't know Lucy and you live in the world Harry. Speaking of Harry I think he knows Eric."

"What? Really?"

"Yes, or so I've heard"

"What else have you heard about Harry?" I spoke in whispers.

"Just that"

Harry has never spoken to me of Eric but is not his obligation to tell me about his friends. Still I've never seen them share here at school nor at the parties we've gone. Harry is always with his friends or with other people I don't know.

"Anyway it is better to study" I agree with Mandy and dedicate ourselves to do our thing.

We study in silence, I don't know how many minutes have past but I have made ​​good progress in the study. It's a rule for me every time I come here I have to read a book. As I am studying biology I have to search one of biology.

I walk to the corresponding aisle and start searching. My fingers glide through some books and I don't know which to choose, the possibilities are many. I grab "the cell" of Geoffrey Cooper and I'm about to leave when I heard a voice.

"Eric?" Is the voice of a boy. I look down the hallway and a boy with black hair walks through my hallway and keep walking. "Eric?" He says again.

I remember what Mandy told me about Harry and Eric being friends. I can't help it and I follow the stranger. He walks into a hallway and I enter in the hallway before him.

I follow the sound of his footsteps and I rest my ear in a book.

"Finally!" I hear a deep voice and I guess it's Eric because it doesn't sound like the other boy's voice. "I got your little order"

Order?

"Good shit"

"I'm trusting you,  better be good," says the dark-haired.

"Don't doubt, I swear"

I'm not sure but I think they are talking about drugs. Obviously they are not talking about a book.

"Where is my money?"

"Here. Have something else? "

"Happy pills in my backpack"

I can't believe he's doing this in the library. This is my favorite place in the world and Eric and this boy are using this place for that? It bothers me and makes me angry.

Guided by my irritation I walk to their hall. I clear my throat and both guys look at me. Eric frowns and his blue eyes burned against my figure, the other boy also looks annoyed but nervous, maybe he thinks I'm going to give them away. I could do it but I won't.

I divert my eyes and pretend I'm looking for a book. This is the philosophy section, no one comes here and that explains why they are here. Besides there are no cameras, as if someone wanted to steal a book of philosophy.

They whisper and I open a book and read the introduction.

"Hey you" I hear the deep voice of Eric. Curiosity killed the cat.

I pretend I don't hear him and grab another book.

"I'm talking to you, girl with glasses" Well, he's definitely talking to me.

I look up at him and we are alone, just the two of us in the hallway. I didn't hear when the other guy left.

Now that I look closer Eric has a nose piercing.

"Ahm, yeah?" I try to not hesitate.

"You were spying on me?" He raises an eyebrow and walks towards me. I take a few steps back but I don't cut the eye contact between us. I have lift my head a bit because he's tall, like Harry.

"Ahm, no, no" I shake my head and try to look calm.

"Yeah right" He rolls eyes. "I don't care, anyway I know you" His blue eyes scanned me quickly and then returns to my face. "You're Lucia"

"Lucy" I correct him immediately.

"You're Harry's girl"

"You know Harry?" My question exceeds the threshold of stupidity.

"Everyone knows that motherfucker" He answered and he is not pleased to talk about Harry. I think Mandy was wrong, I don't think they're friends.

 I can't let him intimidate me and talking about Harry in that way.

"You-You're talking about my boyfriend" I clear my throat.

Surprisingly Eric laughs. "Boyfriend? Did he ask you to be his girlfriend? "He chuckles, amused by the situation.

I frown, irritated by his questions, his laughter and because the real answer is going to please him.

"Yes" I decide to lie but he is not convinced.

"Don't lie" He grunts. "I know you're lying.”

I don't answer.

"I know he didn't ask you, Harry is like that"

"How do you know him?"

"Does it matter?" He answers quickly.

"Actually,"

"Actually it doesn't matter, it's none of your business. Anyway all I wanted to say is be careful," he warns me.

"What?" The surprise invades me but Eric doesn't answer, his face remains cold.

"You heard me" He frowns and I wonder if he is like that all the time. "Be careful, he is not trusted. Harry is stupid, immature, is always in trouble and a son of a bitch, just like that. "

"Why are you sa-saying that?"

"I heard about you, thought you were a slut but now that I see you ..." He thinks for a few seconds while his eyes focused on my face. "Um, you're not what I expected"

I don't know how to feel about his sentence, is it bad or good?

"You're not his type I'm sure about that, I don't understand what is going on through his head" He doesn't have problems to tell me what he thinks and this time it hurts a little. I know I'm not.

"I know but ... but we're happy."' I'm so stupid, I don't know what to answer, I don't know how to defend myself.

"Yes, happy" He rolls his eyes. "You can't be happy with him, you should be careful because monogamy doesn't work with Harry and believe me I know, we were friends."

"Were?"

"Yes, we were, past. Don't you know? Your boyfriend didn't tell you? "The corner of his lip is curved in a mocking smile. He's a handsome boy but his attitude irritates me.

"No." I answer through gritted teeth.

"You should ask him and you should ask him about the scams we did once or when we stole a car." My mouth dropped at his words.

"What?"

"You heard me. We were in a police station for a few hours and once we steal from his mother's business. " I don't know if it is possible but my mouth opens further.

Is it true? Harry did that? When? Why? Can I trust him?

"What?"

Eric laughs at my expression and nods. "You sure you know him Lucy?"

That question fly straight to my heart and is like a stab. I know him, I know Harry or that's what I think...

"You're lying," I tell him but it's like I'm telling it to myself, because I want to believe in my own words.

"Really? I'd never lie. We were friends, he lives with those stupid, has a sister, his father is a lawyer and Harry has a stupid obsession with Sherlock Holmes' books. "

I don't want to but I believe him, part of me does. He described small things about Harry in seconds without hesitation. He knows Harry, he really does and he did those things with him. I'm confused and my heart hurts. It's not like Harry was hiding things but he never talk about himself because he might have to talk about the horrible things he did in the past. Bad habits and bad habits are hard to forget, to let it go. I don't know what to say, don't know how I'm going to look at Harry.

"What is the point of-of telling me this?" It's the first question that comes to my mind. I just met Eric and he starts telling me this. Eric should know that Harry is reserved and knows that he has taken me by surprise with everything he told me. I was not expecting this but how was I so stupid to not find out these things?

"I don't know, I'm just warning you. I bet he's still doing those things or at least less frequently or without your knowledge. In any case, a person who steals is not a person to trust right? "

"But you told me you did that to him, how can I trust you?"

Eric smiles. "You have a point there, you're pretty smart. But ask him or one of his friends and see what happens. "

  I breathe and I let philosophy books back in place.

"I knew you were spying us"

"No, I wasn't" I defend myself.

"Whatever" He turns around and starts walking. "See ya." He said like nothing happened and then disappears down the hall.

I stay there with a book in my hands and completely confused. I just came to the library to study, I only got into this aisle so he couldn't sell drugs but I found out possible things about Harry that I didn't really want to know.

I bite my lower lip and my hands sweat. What if everything Eric said was true? I know Harry is not an easy person, I know he has problems with his family but steal? Police station? I would never have thought of that.

I close my eyes and I rub my temples while Eric's question is all I can hear.

"You sure you know him Lucy?"

+

++

Hello! Thanks for reading and wait, I've been busy, (exams and more exams are coming x_x) and thank you for your patience. Hope you like it, I was nervous for posting this (I thought about deleting the story idk, I had my internal battle sorry). 

Question:

What do you like about this story? 

It's just curiosity because sometimes I find this...idk...quite boring? Well that's, love you all beautiful people, have good weekend and until the next time x.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 211 53
"Damn it, Mason, you can't fix me. I'm not some used car that needs an oil change." I'm standing at the edge of my driveway. If I take one step towar...
634K 13.7K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
78.7K 1.1K 32
Not everything is as it seems Not everyone tells the truth Don't go somewhere you don't belong Don't trust anyone in a gang Let life do what it wants...
30.5K 1.1K 31
"you're bad at pretending, I chose the wrong person..." "but you chose me... and you're not so good at it either..." A life changing experience of tw...