Opposite worlds »punk h.s

By oceanharryx

It was not enough to pretend to be in love and have a happy ending when enemies are outside and waiting. {Tex... More

Part 1: Love is a risk
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's note, please read, don't ignore this.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 *
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Please read, chapter 61 on private.
Chapter 62
Part 2: The missing piece.
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Not an update
NOT AN UPDATE, READ PLEASE SOS
IMPORTANT UPDATE! READ PLEASE!

Chapter 3

25.5K 604 192
By oceanharryx

Edited by 1Direction2340

[Lucy]

"Are you okay?" I ask Harry as we enter the house. I look down at his hand, which is still grabbing my arm. His knuckles are bloody and tainted blue, a sure sign of bruising. 

I can’t stop thinking about Ryan and his poor friends. He used to be my best friend. I would defend him in every situation and now, I can’t even say anything. 

"Your forehead is bleeding heavily and so are your knuckles, Harry." 

He releases me from his grasp when we get to the kitchen. 

"Yeah, they are." He replies coolly. He turns his back and walks out of the room. 

I stay quietly in the kitchen and bite my lip. I guess I must have slipped back into reality. My time with Harry Styles is over; it was nice while it lasted, I guess. 

What impressed me most, however - not including the fact that Harry actually talked to me - was that he knew my full name. Nobody calls me Lucinda, except for my mother. 

"Lucy, Lucy!" I hear Cassie's voice behind me. I turn and collide with my friend. 

"AAAAH, LUCY!" She grabs me by the shoulders and shakes me. 

"Cassie, what happened?" I ask while trying to push my glasses back up the bridge of my nose. 

"I saw you with Harry Styles and he even called you by your real name ... what the fuck was that!?" She asks me with an excited smile stuck on her face. 

I shrug. "I have no idea, it was all very strange." 

"Let me tell you- you're the most envied person at this party now!" She says,  jumping up and down. 

She leads me out of the kitchen and I look around the house. I see different people all gazing directly at me. This definitely runs the old saying: "If looks could kill ..." 

This is just like the time when Anakin and Obi wan Kenobi faced each other, with all the anger in their fight. These girls just might try to kill me like Anakin wanted to kill Obi wan.  

 "Are you there, Lucy? What are you thinking about?" Cassie snaps her fingers in front of my face. 

I jumped. "Nothing ... I just think this whole thing is like when Anak ...." 

"Don’t talk about Star Wars ..." She interrupts me with a frown. "Be normal, please." I groan and nod. Cassie changes the topic. "Harry kissed you?" 

I raise my eyebrows in surprise. What? Does she think he kissed me? I don’t understand why she is asking me this, Harry will never kiss me and I wouldn’t let him if he tried. I haven’t even had my first kiss yet. 

"Course not." I answer, offended. 

I'm not ashamed. Although I suppose that is not common. I am literally an extinct species; I must be the only 17 year old girl who hasn’t had her first kiss and it’s probably obvious that I’m also a virgin. 

"If you get the chance ... Harry would be a great kisser." She winks. 

"No. I mean, he has kissed a lot of girls, can you imagine how many germs he has in his mouth?" I ask with disgust and Cassie rolls her eyes. 

"You're a party pooper," she complains, looking away from me. "Hey, look!" She points to the living room. "You should go back to your man." My eyes follow in the direction she points. 

Harry is just meters away. I can recognize him by his mop of curls. A girl is with him and his friends. The girl leans her hand on his shoulder and rises on tiptoes to say something to him, then bites his earlobe. 

"Get something to clean him; he still has blood on his forehead." Cassie adds. 

I focus my vision and Cassie is right. Dried blood is placed on Harry’s forehead; surely he must have a bruise. 

"I don’t think-" 

"Oh Lucy, come on ... it's the first guy that looked interested in you." She shakes my elbow persistently. 

Ouch. That hurt. Although, she is right. No one notices me. But still, why should I chase him? And what about the girl? 

"Come on, ple—" 

"Okay! I'll go get some alcohol and cottons," I tell Cassie just to please her. 

"Great, now that’s the Lucy I like. I’m going to go back with Matt. Good luck." 

I go upstairs. I think I saw a kit in the upstairs bathroom. I only go so she will finally leave me alone. I will wait upstairs in Caddie’s room or whatever the party girl’s name was for a while; I don’t really want to go back downstairs. I don’t think Harry wants to see me and I don’t want to see him either. 

I had already explored the entire house earlier, so I know my way. I climb the stairs and walk to Caddie's room. 

This better be quick. 

I walk into her bathroom and bend down to get the first aid kit from her sink. Getting up, I stop to look at all the makeup she has in her bathroom. This is insane. Even Madison, my sister, who loves all these things to do with makeup, doesn’t have so much. 

How do I use this? I wonder lifting an eye pencil; how does one apply this to their eyes? I can't do it; I might end up blind or taking my eye out. I have never used makeup and will never use it. Not my style. I put the eye pencil in their place and turn around. 

My heart leaps. The bag of makeup slips off the counter. Harry is watching me in silence from the doorway. 

"I've been looking for you." He complains, rolling his eyes. 

"Oh, I ... um ..." I don’t know what to say, I didn’t expect this. I pick up the scattered makeup and I push my glasses up for the umpteenth time tonight. 

Harry walks out of the bathroom and I follow him. The boy sits on Caddie’s bed and points to a place beside him. I swallow, I can’t move. 

I still wonder if I'm dreaming. 

"What are you doing here?" He asks with no expression. 

"Ahm, I ..." I raise the medicine kit that should answer his question. 

"Oh, sure." He slides his fingers on his forehead and he realizes he is still bleeding. "Sit." Harry orders, patting a place next to him. "I won’t bite, nerd." He growls in frustration when I don’t answer. 

My cognitive abilities start to work again and my legs finally move. I go shakily and sit on the bed, but I keep a safe distance between us. 

"How did you know where that is?" Harry asks, slightly surprised, pointing at the first aid kit. 

"I was exploring the house an hour ago; I know where everything in this place is." I reply, shrugging. 

"I don’t know how the bleeding isn’t affecting you," I say, spreading alcohol on cotton. "Is this the style of bad boys, like you?" I ask with a slight smile, handing the cotton to Harry. 

Harry looks down to the cotton and then he looks up at me. 

 "I’m not going to do it myself." 

Does he think I'm his nurse or something? 

"Well I think another girl would be happy to do it. There are many down there. Maybe the one you were just talking to," I point downstairs, stretching the cotton to him. 

Harry rolls his eyes and grabs the cotton. "It would be more fun if you do this." He growls. 

His comment surprises me. I swallow hard and stay quiet. I'm glad the lights are dim because my cheeks are flaming and I don’t want Harry to see. 

His mouth forms a slight grimace when the alcohol touches his skin. 

"I'm bored, I want a nurse." 

"You can always find a girl there--" I say again, seriously, but he interrupts me holding my hand. 

"I want you to do it, nerd." He insists again. 

A shiver runs through my body. Is this a joke? 

I fail to process the information in my brain; my body automatically leans toward Harry. He hands me the cotton. I press it to his knuckles and then go back to his forehead. I use another cotton ball because he has a cut on his cheek. 

I don’t know what I'm doing, this is all so weird. I'm in a room alone, with Harry Styles. Our faces are close; I've never been like this with a guy in my entire life. 

"Don’t be nervous." He teases me. I notice my trembling fingers and try to control myself. 

I hold my breath and concentrate on cleaning his cheek. For a moment my eyes slide over to Harry and I completely regret what I just did. 

His green eyes shine brightly, he's looking at me ... Harry Styles is watching me. I don’t know what to do, so I just bite my lower lip and look away. 

Harry notices my nervousness, he looks down at my lips and then up to my eyes. He twists the side of his lip in a pretty smile. Harry leans toward me and my heart stops. 

Is he going to kiss me? Is this really happening? This must be a dream, again. 

I squeeze my leg and ouch! It’s happening. I must stop pinching myself. 

Harry is coming towards me gradually. I feel as if he is torturing me. My heart pumps rapidly and thoughts are buzzing around in my mind. What should I do? I don’t want this! No! 

I don’t have any experience in this; I want my first kiss to be special. And what is his plan for this? Why would he want to kiss me, out of all the girls he could have at this party? 

Harry Styles has kissed so many girls; his saliva is too contaminated. I just can't- 

"You smell so good." Harry whisper shakes me out of my thoughts. 

His warm minty breath surrounds my face; he is only inches away from me. 

Oh, something is in my nose, I think it's...oh, no. 

Then I sneeze on Harry's face. Oh no! Harry takes a huge leap back when I sneeze on his face and the magical moment is over. 

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry!” I grab a napkin from the kit and clean his face hurriedly. 

I want the earth to swallow me, this is so embarrassing. 

Harry frowns and I clean my glasses. Before I can say anything else, we hear a few steps down the hall. The door opens and reveals Caddie, the owner of the house, with her boyfriend Josh. 

"What are you doing here?" She asks, a little annoyed and angry. 

"Let’s go, nerd.” Harry tells me in a serious tone while grabbing my arm. 

I stand up clumsily and start walking towards the door. 

"I hope that our sheets are clean. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me sick.“ Caddie complains when we pass through his side. 

"Don’t worry babe,  he would never sleep with her, just look at her, she is a freak." I hear Josh tell his girlfriend when we are walking in the hallway. 

Harry stops right away, releases my arm and goes back to punch Josh on the face. The sound makes me jump. Oh god. Not this again. 

"Idiot! What the fuck is wrong with you Harry?" He growls, touching his nose. Blood runs with down his face; how can he be talking? Harry appears to have hit him very hard; I would be dead if I was Josh. 

"For your stupid comment, asshole." Harry angrily spits. "Oh, and I slept with your girlfriend a few weeks ago." He grins victoriously. 

Caddie chokes a scream and looks up at her boyfriend. I open my mouth in surprise; this story has taken a different way. 

"WHAT?" Josh screams. 

"Let's go." Harry orders and he returns to grab my arm and pull me away from the scene. 

And what was all that? Harry defended me? Was he being 'friendly'?

I really don’t know. I try to think but the memory of Harry's face being so close to mine is still fresh in my mind. I want to hit myself against the wall; being with this guy isn’t a good idea. In just one night. I was hated by all the girls at the party and witnessed two fights. Wow, this is a record. Not to mention Harry was going to kiss me ... I'm partially glad I sneezed now. 

"My friends are going to drink some beers at my house ..." He speaks, releasing my arm when we are on the hallway. "If you want, you can go with us." He crosses his arms without looking at me. 

Is he inviting me? I gulp. 

I don't think so, it’s already late and I just want to go home. This night has been too weird. I still think I'm dreaming. 

"Ahm, Lucy." Cassie's voice pulls me out of my thoughts. I turn around to see my friend, Cassie, who is trying to hold a firm smile when she sees me with Harry. "Sorry to bother you but we have go, Matt can drop us off at our houses." 

Cassie to the rescue! I definitely don’t know what I would do without my- 

"I'll take Lucy home." I’m pushed out of my thoughts by Harry’s voice. 

"What?" Cassie and I ask in unison. 

"Sure, come on." Harry beckons me to follow him. The boy starts walking and disappears, leaving the house behind. 

"You have to go with him." Cassie tells me, excitedly. 

I turn to her and bite my lower lip. Something in my mind tells me that's not a good idea. Harry is not a quiet person. He is violent and his mood is kind of unpredictable ... everything about him is weird. I still can’t comprehend the idea that Harry is talking to me, that he tried to kiss me, and now he wants to take me home. 

Something isn’t right. 

"Stop being so insecure, you're beautiful." Cassie encourages me, instantly reading my thoughts. "Besides, he’s not going to bite you and it’s not like he is going to rape you." She giggles. 

"Oh, I didn’t even think of that! ... I really don’t ..." 

"Ugh, I was joking, Lucy, please! He is the hottest guy who ever walked this earth and he wants to take you home, just say yes, okay? "She puts a puppy face. 

"I feel very intimidated by him ... he is a bit violent and ..." 

"LUCINDA!" I turn, shocked, to see Harry in the doorway, waiting for me. 

"He's so fucking hot." Cassie whispers behind me. "Call me when you get there, good luck." She laughs softly and pushes me. I stumble but don’t fall. 

I gulp looking at Harry, who is resting his body on the door frame. My feet start to move and I walk ahead of him. 

Harry follows me in silence and points to a car, a black jeep that is quite spacious. Both of us get into the car and Harry starts the engine. 

"Ready?" He whispers to me in the dark with a hand on my thigh. 

Nobody has ever touched me there in my entire life.  I nod nervously and the car starts moving. 

I shyly looked down. His hand still on my thigh. Oh boy. This is going to be a long drive home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 129 17
"this isn't a love story, this is a story about love." Don't expect a happy ending in this book. No, no, no, the ending will be far from happy. ...
2.8K 248 30
Why did you have to leave me ..
1.1M 38.4K 67
"I will ruin you baby," he whispers digging his nails into my hips sending a chill cascading down my spine. "Then ruin me Jude, ruin me till there's...
2.1K 56 11
Story about a broken girl and not so broken boy. ✴▫✴▫✴ Let's repair the broken.